Account & Settings

BCascone

Cloning folders from marketing to sales

SOLVE

Hi, 

I am attempting to take a folder structure and the contents of it from the marketing section and copy it to a read only folder in the sales section. 

The reasoning behind this is marketing is alway making content for our products and updating them, and we want to ensure that sales has the most up to date content as well as not having the ability to edit these.  This way marketing can have a folder where they can maintatin and push out the updated content. 

Does anyone know how this can be done?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @BCascone,

Are you referring to a marketing folder and a sales folder that you created in your HubSpot file manager? At this stage, it's not possible to copy entire folder structures, unfortunately. There are only a few standard actions:

karstenkoehler_0-1624938754945.png

Other users have requested a related feature from the HubSpot team already: Restricted access to specific folders by users and teams. This would allow you to give view access to the sales team. I'd recommend upvoting and sharing your use case in that thread.

Another option would be integrating HubSpot with a digital asset management solution from the app marketplace. These solutions will usually come with more file management options than the HubSpot file manager.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @BCascone ,

Can you please tell us where these marketing and sales folders you are referring to are located?
Did you create thee folders in your file manager?
I don't think its possible to restric editing of the files in file manager yet.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @BCascone,

Are you referring to a marketing folder and a sales folder that you created in your HubSpot file manager? At this stage, it's not possible to copy entire folder structures, unfortunately. There are only a few standard actions:

karstenkoehler_0-1624938754945.png

Other users have requested a related feature from the HubSpot team already: Restricted access to specific folders by users and teams. This would allow you to give view access to the sales team. I'd recommend upvoting and sharing your use case in that thread.

Another option would be integrating HubSpot with a digital asset management solution from the app marketplace. These solutions will usually come with more file management options than the HubSpot file manager.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.