Account & Settings

NWindle

Chrome Extension & Gmail Setup Issues

SOLVE

Hi,

After signing upto hubspot and downloading the chrome extension, I've been trying to set it up on my gmail account. The extension shows up in my gmail but when I go to log in to it, it says my account doesn't exist. I've signed out and in of my gmail and chrome account and it still doesnt work.

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 16.16.39.png

This is what keeps coming up no matter how many times I log in.

It is the correct email address.

My Gmail account is connected to my hubspot account too.

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 16.19.45.png

Any help would be great!

Thank you in advance

1 Accepted solution
officedesignuk
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

I figured it out! Downloading and installing the chrome extension is not enough. I moved the extension 'widget' onto my chrome browser header. I noticed it was greyed out and clicked on it. I was then asked to log in, but this time for the extension itself?! Once I had done that I noticed the small widget icon had turned from grey to orange. I then went into my gmail and clicked on the orange widget actually in my gmail browser window and was asked to log in again....but this time I wasn't taken in a never ending circle. It worked. So, in short, you have to log the chrome extension in first and THEN you can log your gmail into Hubspot. It is not clear at all and I can imagine almost everyone with gmail is tripping over this issue. Hopefully this will help out many more people, I was scratching my head for hours!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
officedesignuk
Participant

SOLVE

I'm having exactly the same problem!

0 Upvotes
NWindle

SOLVE

Hi @webdew,

Thanks for the help thus far!

I worked my way through the article and I'm still having the same issue of logging into hubspot via gmail chrome extension.

Where could I get further help?

0 Upvotes
officedesignuk
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

I figured it out! Downloading and installing the chrome extension is not enough. I moved the extension 'widget' onto my chrome browser header. I noticed it was greyed out and clicked on it. I was then asked to log in, but this time for the extension itself?! Once I had done that I noticed the small widget icon had turned from grey to orange. I then went into my gmail and clicked on the orange widget actually in my gmail browser window and was asked to log in again....but this time I wasn't taken in a never ending circle. It worked. So, in short, you have to log the chrome extension in first and THEN you can log your gmail into Hubspot. It is not clear at all and I can imagine almost everyone with gmail is tripping over this issue. Hopefully this will help out many more people, I was scratching my head for hours!

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thank you for sharing @officedesignuk !

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
NWindle

SOLVE

Oh my goodness yessss it worked! I swear I had pressed that button before, but any way, all sorted, thank you!!

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @NWindle (sorry for the late response here) and @officedesignuk !

Thank you for reaching out

Could you both confirmed you've tried: 

- trying to clear your cache following those steps,

- as well as trying with another browser and with an incognito window? 

If this still does not work, can you try uninstalling the Chrome extension and installing it again?

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @NWindle ,

Little difficult to diagnose the problem w/o any access to the system, but here I have found a troubleshooting article for you. Pl, check it out. Also look at this ans by the community manager.

Hope this helps!
If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regard.

0 Upvotes