Changing login email

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello,

I created an account for a client using my own e-mail. I would like for them to be able to login using their own company email, so I added them as a user but it doesn't allow them to login under any email besides my own. How do I fix this so they can use the same password, but their email to login.

0 Upvotes
9 Replies 9
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @lzubick user profiles are unqique to individual emails and passwords. You will need to share the same password if you both want to log into the same user account. As outlined in this thread Solved: Is it possible to change the email on my account? is is not possible to change the email on your user profile once it has been set up. 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks @Anonymous. That thread also says, "However, you can add unlimited users to your account, so if you can still log in you can add another user to your account under your main email."

The person in that thread was trying to get into their account and switch the email, and if he was saying they could add another user so they could access it through that user, would that mean they were being allowed to log in through another email as well as the original one it was created under? I don't need to take the original email off as a login, I just need to let the client get in under their email also. Does that change anything?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure you can log in under as many emails (associated with separate user profiles) as you want. 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

I'm referring to logging into the same account with multiple emails. 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @lzubick can you clarify what you mean by 'account'?

One HubSpot account/portal, can have multiple user profiles. So you can log into the account under any of these user profiles.

A user profile must have a unique email address. You cannot log into the same User Profile with multiple emails. 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi @Anonymous, by account I mean we have set up the free CRM software.

https://app.hubspot.com/login

That link is where I would like to be able to put in multiple emails. I have set up multiple 'owners' in the CRM system with different emails, but I would like to be able to have those different owners use their email to log in.

What do you mean by 'user profile' and how do I set that up?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @lzubick sorry I'm getting a little confused by your approach here .

Here is a help article on how to add users to your HubSpot Account, these users can log in on their own emails: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/getting-started-with-hubspot-v2/how-to-add-users-to-your-hubspot-accou...

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

I understand this it not possible currently but this needs to be addressed.  Not being able to change the email address for a user login is crazy.  If we don't wan't to deal with this again we are having to create login user email address placeholders that we use like sales1@domain.com only for hubspot user login so we can assign to another sales associate if they are no longer with our company.  You don't give us the ability to move tasks as well so you make it impossible to deal with normal employee turnover.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

I agree, it needs to be changed - I currently have access as the super user as I set up the account, but I won't be dealing with it anymore and want to change it to my client, removing myself completely, not being a user.  I want her to be able to log in herself and with her own email and me not to have an account at all.

However, when I try to change the email, it says that she already has an account and won't let me - she hasn't, the one she originally went to set up and didn't finish has been closed completely (we've even tried to log in again, nothing).

It's crazy that I can't do this.

0 Upvotes