Olá! Nós temos uma Comunidade em Português!

Changing a client's team assignment

Highlighted
Berater

Hubspot (basic) is automatically enrolling ciontacts all into the same team. I have created multiple teams and want to assign contact A to Team A so that only Team A and super users can see the activity on the contact. However when I look at the yeam assignment under properties it does not allow me to change it and I am a Super Admin. This is of critical importance if we are to continue using this CRM.

We are a primary company that will be overseeing sales and marketing for a number of independent companies all of whom will have their own limited access to the CRM to create contacts, read and write email, create meetings etc. Each of those secondary companies needs to be sandboxed from the activity of every other company - not see their clients, contacts , emails etc.

So

1. Will teams accomplish this?

2. If so how do I change the team a contact or company is assigned to?

3. If not is there another way to accomplish this in  Hubspot (any version)?

6 Respostas 6

Hi @DougAlder  The team property is assigned based on the contact's ownership. If you want to assign a contact to Team B you will need to assign a HubSpot owner who is part of Team B.  It is not possible to make a change to the Team property. 

This HubSpot Academy resource explains access across team accounts

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Berater

Thanks Ed - will this work to completely ensilo different companies under our main one?

Responder
0 Avaliação positiva

HI @DougAlder . Honestly, I haven't worked enough with the feature to know, and frankly, I don't have enough data in my portal to test. Can you give this a go and report back?

Ed  

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Responder
0 Avaliação positiva
Berater

OK I'll have a go at it when I have a chance.

Responder
0 Avaliação positiva
Berater

What I have found so far is that

1. Setting a user to a team and not selecting Everything as a property restricts that user to only seeing anything created by a team member
  2. changing the contacts assigned user to one in a different team will prevent different team members from viewing that contact

Thay is 2/3 of the way to what we want. We need to have the ability to assign multiple users , even on different teams, to a single contact. I wear many hats currently for two companies but that will increase as one is an umbrella company handling all the sales and marketing for a number of separate companies.

Hi @DougAlder Not possible at this time. You can add this as a post to our ideas forum for further comment, but its unlikely to be implemented. 

Thank you,

Ed

Responder
0 Avaliação positiva