Account & Settings

Irwin

Changing Account URL and Emails

SOLVE

Hello:

I set up our new company's account with a URL and email address that was being used at the time - but we now have a new company name (and URL) and new email addresses.

I am terminating the account with the old URL and emails so those may go away

Can the web site URL and email addresses be changed or do we have to create a whole new account with HubSpot and re-key the entries we have already made? Or can the entries from omne account be exported and then imported into a new account.

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Irwin  Click here to find instructions for changing the URL associated with you HubSpot account.  Regarding your email address, it is not neccesary to change it as it is simply an identifer to sign you in to HubSpot, however, any system admin messages are sent to that address so it would be better to have a user account with a correct active address. 

Due to contact ownership issues, it is not possible to change the address of a specific user. Instead, you will need to create a new user with the desired email address, then later, sign in under that new user and delete the previous user (you will need admin access to create the new user).  

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Irwin  Click here to find instructions for changing the URL associated with you HubSpot account.  Regarding your email address, it is not neccesary to change it as it is simply an identifer to sign you in to HubSpot, however, any system admin messages are sent to that address so it would be better to have a user account with a correct active address. 

Due to contact ownership issues, it is not possible to change the address of a specific user. Instead, you will need to create a new user with the desired email address, then later, sign in under that new user and delete the previous user (you will need admin access to create the new user).  

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes