Account & Settings

medwardsmcgee

Change email address on my account

SOLVE

Hello,

My account was origially set up with the email address I had with my previous employer. I need to change it to my personal email address so that my HubSpot Inbound certification is on the correct email. Can't figure out how to do this...the documentation is making me go in circles.

Can someone help me out?

Thanks!

1 Accepted solution
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @medwardsmcgee, thanks for clarifying!

So, the type of account that you have is actually a type of HubSpot accont that is no longer available, called "Marketing Grader". You can't make any modifications to these acconts, because it is also no longer possible to create new accounts of this type.

In your situation, I would recommend creating a new free HubSpot account: Marketing Free or HubSpot CRM. There will allow you to use many more of HubSpot's tools, and to sign up with your existing email address.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

May

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
12 Replies 12
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @medwardsmcgee, we actually have an existing topic on this very question, which you can find here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Sales-Product-Support/How-do-I-change-my-email-address-once-I-have-...

Here is the answer I have there:

Because User profiles are unique based on their email addresses (similarly to how HubSpot deduplicates contacts based on their email addresses), it is not possible to change the email address of an existing user.

However, you can easily add a new user with the new email address, transfer ownership of contacts from the old to the new user, and then delete the old user. This article gives a detailed, step-by-step walkthrough of this process

If you have connected your inbox to the CRM, you will also want to connect your new email address under Settings > Gmail and Outlook; you can follow the instructions in this article to do so

Once these short steps have been accomplished, you should be all set! Let me know if I can clarify anything for you. -May

0 Upvotes
medwardsmcgee

SOLVE

Hello May,

I saw that article, but it doesn't work for me. When I click on Settings by my Hubspot ID, I do not have all the options on the left side of the screen as what are shown in the article. I'm including a screenshot. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Morgan

Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 10.03.48 AM.png

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @medwardsmcgee, thanks for clarifying!

So, the type of account that you have is actually a type of HubSpot accont that is no longer available, called "Marketing Grader". You can't make any modifications to these acconts, because it is also no longer possible to create new accounts of this type.

In your situation, I would recommend creating a new free HubSpot account: Marketing Free or HubSpot CRM. There will allow you to use many more of HubSpot's tools, and to sign up with your existing email address.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

May

0 Upvotes
maura_e_moran

SOLVE

I have the same issue. If I sign up for a new account with my new email address, can I transfer my certifications to that?

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

@maura_e_moran and @I_C, if you'd like to send me a PM with the email address that currently holds your certifications and the email address you'd like to transfer them to, I'd be happy to make the swap.

0 Upvotes
janambanana

SOLVE

I also need to transfer my existing account to a new email address. Can you please help transfer for me as well?

0 Upvotes
ipointofsale

SOLVE

My current email ID is rohan@goipos.com ............and need to change to rohan@ipointofsale.com 

I had a previous account with rohan@ipointofsale.com and have deleted it so I can change my email ID 

But still I get below message 

It looks like there’s another user with the email address “rohan@ipointofsale.com”. If the user account is yours, you’ll need to delete it before you can use the email address in this account. 

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @ipointofsale,

Are you looking to create a new account and you're getting this message, or are you looking to switch the email address of the user in your account and getting the error message? 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
scullen

SOLVE

Posting on behalf of a customer

My current email ID is 
rohan@goipos.com ............and need to change to rohan@ipointofsale.com  I had a previous account with rohan@ipointofsale.com and have deleted it so I can change my email ID  But still I get below message  It looks like there’s another user with the email address “rohan@ipointofsale.com”. If the user account is yours, you’ll need to delete it before you can use the email address in this account. 

0 Upvotes
viminds
Participant

SOLVE

Hi,

i manage two accounts in he crm with different IDs. When i initialy started to test the crm-software i used an old personal email-adress. I wanted to change that email into  new company-email. I added a new user with the new company email-adress, transfered the ownership of contacs, deal etc. and finally deleted the old user.

But now i have the problem, that the two accounts are not connected with each other. 

How can i do that?

Thanks and regards

Dennis

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @viminds, I'm not sure what you mean by "the two accounts are not connected with each other". Can you please explain in detail the behaviour that you are expecting to occur, and what you are seeing right now?

0 Upvotes
I_C

SOLVE

Hi May, 

I have a similar Hubspot account and would like to change my email or transfer my certification to my personal email.

Please help me with this transformation. 

Thanks!

0 Upvotes