Account & Settings

mwiclark
Participant

Change Account Email??

SOLVE

I recently changed my business email and no longer have access to the one I started HubSpot with, is there somewhere to change my account email??

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Change Account Email??

SOLVE

Hi @mwiclark,

Are you using a free CRM portal? If so, currently there is no way to change the email address associated with a user. The best way get set up will be to create a new user and transfer your contact ownership. The guide I referenced walks through how to do this. 

Thanks,
Jenny

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
9 Replies 9
nnpp

Change Account Email??

SOLVE

Hi there,

This process listed above no longer seems to work.

I wish to change the email of my hubspot account (ie, my login)

I follow the first steps, going through settings, seccurity, email address, etc. An automated email is then sent to that email. However, the email that goes to that person, which links to hubspot to log in, then prompts that person for the 1 time use access code that is sent to my email. So in this sense, they are just logging in as me. What I  want, is for them to log in as their own email.

To restate: I have email AAA, I try to change to email BBB, my friend is the owner of this email. He follows the prompts sent to him but is then asked for my 1 time access code. 

Can anyone assist?

nnpp

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Change Account Email??

SOLVE

Hi @mwiclark,

Can you still log in using your old credentials? If you are looking to change the email address of a user, please follow the steps outlined here.

Thanks,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
michaelteg

Change Account Email??

SOLVE

I too have been trying to change my email address in my account and cannot seem to get it to work. Initially I tried to set up a new user with the email address I desired but after realizing I could not access the sequences I wanted I decided to delete that user and tried to change my email address to the desired email. The notice I get is attached.

Help please!

Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 1.06.51 PM.png

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Change Account Email??

SOLVE

Hi @michaelteg,

Can you please direct message me the email address you are looking to change your email address to, and the current email address of your user? 

Additionally, if you can send along your hub id, that would be great!

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
pablouso

Change Account Email??

SOLVE

I recently changed my business email and no longer have access to the one I started HubSpot with, is there somewhere to change my account email?

I no longer have access with my old credentials!

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Change Account Email??

SOLVE

Hi @pablouso,

If you can't log into your account, please follow the steps here.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
mwiclark
Participant

Change Account Email??

SOLVE

@jennysowyrda

I can log in with my old credentials but I obviously don't get any emails from hubspot or the reminders I set up etc. because they go to my old email, I need to change the primary email on the account but I don't see a way to do that...

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Change Account Email??

SOLVE

Hi @mwiclark,

Are you using a free CRM portal? If so, currently there is no way to change the email address associated with a user. The best way get set up will be to create a new user and transfer your contact ownership. The guide I referenced walks through how to do this. 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Change Account Email??

SOLVE

Hi @mwiclark

If you have a paid account, you can contact support using the details here: https://help.hubspot.com/

If you have a free account, and you need the data, we may need to enlist the help of @jennysowyrda

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency