Account & Settings

NTornetta

Cant remove self from an Account

Hello - My username is attached to two different Hubspot accounts (or, organizations).  I am actively using one, but no longer active in the other.  I cant remove myself because i have no permissions and am no longer in touch with the administrator to have my username removed from his account.  I would like an admin to help remove me from 7078075 so I dont have to take that extra step of selecting an Account every single time i log into Hubspot.  Thank you!

5 Replies 5
welshpudding
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

Probably of no use to you now, but I think others will come across this issue from time to time. You can remove yourself in the security settings, not the users and teams settings:

User_Preferences___HubSpot.png

Make sure you remove yourself as billing or other primary contact types first, or you will get the greyed-out button, as I've shown above.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @welshpudding,

Thanks for sharing this helpful guide!

Best,

Kristen 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
himanshurauthan
Thought Leader | Elite Partner

Hi @NTornetta,

Only admin can delete your account from the Users & Teams section of the portal then only you get remove from that portal.

Since you're not in contact with the admin you can take help of the following steps to identify the admin email id:

1. Login to your account and go to the Users and Terms section from the settings.
  2. Now filter the Super Admin in that user list.
  3. You'll easily find the email id of the admin user.

image-1.png
This way you can get in touch with the super admin and ask him/her to remove you. But till then for easy management of multiple accounts in the portal what you can do is pin the account you use. Here you can see the first reach to all account list section then click on the Pin option in front of most access needed account.

This way your active account will appear at the top.

image-2.png

Regards,

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
NTornetta

Thank you but that’s not typing to help. The super user doesn’t respond to that email anymore.
himanshurauthan

Now that's a bigger problem. 😅

In this case, you can contact support, but I guess this won't be of much help too because you've accepted the invitation to this portal and only the superuser can remove you. Still, give it a shot and drop an email to customer support.

Hope you find the correct solution. 🙂

Best Regards,

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology