Account & Settings

Intraline

Cannot create contact

SOLVE

I've added a new user and granted the same permissions as our other sales agents, but she is unable to create contacts.  I've double checked and saved the permissions for her, but she continues to get a "Sorry, you do not have permission to create contacts" message.  Any help to resolve would be most appreciated. Thank you!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Intraline
Solution

Cannot create contact

SOLVE

I played around with some settings and it appears that she can now add contacts.

thanks for your help with this!

Best,

Kaz

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
GDSolutions
Top Contributor

Cannot create contact

SOLVE

Did we ever find a solution for this question?  I've a new account with exactly the same issue - yet the Permission settings appear to be correct!
HubSpot - Sales Team - Create Contacts Permissions.png

0 Upvotes
nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Cannot create contact

SOLVE

Hi @Intraline, can you share a screenshot of the user's permissions, as well as the error message that is displayed when trying to create a contact? Thanks!

0 Upvotes
Intraline

Cannot create contact

SOLVE

HS snip.PNGHS snip 3.pngHS snip 2.PNG

0 Upvotes
nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Cannot create contact

SOLVE

Hi @Intraline, that's definitely interesting. I did a test in my portal to match those settings:

Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 12.57.57 PM.png

and was able to then create a contact with the permissons your outlined. 

Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 12.58.10 PM.png

Do all of your users have the same permissions? Is it possible that user is logged in as someone else? I would also have that user clear the cache on their browser to ensure it's not an issue with updating something behind the scenes. 

0 Upvotes
Intraline

Cannot create contact

SOLVE

Hi! She has cleared her cache and still having the same issues.  All sales agents have the same permissions.  I will see if I have the ability to remove her and then re-send a new invite.  Are you able to connect with her directly or remote into her computer? 

0 Upvotes
nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Cannot create contact

SOLVE

In order to keep our free products free, phone and web support are only availble to our paying users. However, you can definitely share the link to this thread with her and I can continue to work with you both through this forum so that in the future, anyone else that encounters this issue will be able to see the troubleshooting steps that we took to solve their own issues. 

0 Upvotes
Intraline
Solution

Cannot create contact

SOLVE

I played around with some settings and it appears that she can now add contacts.

thanks for your help with this!

Best,

Kaz

Intraline

Cannot create contact

SOLVE

Sounds good, thanks Nicole.  I will also delete and re-send her an invite as well, just to see if that works.  

Intraline

Cannot create contact

SOLVE

Well, that didn't work lol.  I have sent the link to Liz so she can take part in the discussion. 

0 Upvotes