Account & Settings

ExpCon

Cannot assign to contact - User not in list

We have several users that are not showing on the list when I attempt to assign them to contacts. 

When assigning a contact I can see some users but not all.   The they all have the same rights and settings, but I cannot select several of them from the list to assign contacts to them - they are not listed at all.

Help would highly be appreciated.

3 Replies 3
Ignazio
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

I had the same issue a week ago: it's an HubSpot backend bug. 

Just contact the support and they'll solve your problem in 48h.

Best,

i

HubSpot GIF - Accept as solution button.gif

Ignazio Morici
Marketing Manager @power2Cloud | HubSpot Certified Trainer | Co-host @EMEA HubSpot Certified Trainers Subgroup

Did my post help you? Marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
ajchapman20
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Let's work through this together. I would be happy to take a look at your users to see why some of them aren't showing up when you try to assign them contacts. To get us on the same page about the exact issue you're seeing, I would love to ask you a couple clarifying questions:

• Which users specifically are you unable to see?
  • How are you trying to assign them contacts (are you on the contacts homepage, the contact record, a workflow, etc...)

Answers to these questions will allow me to narrow the focus of my search and get you an answer more quickly. Thank you for your patience as we work through this together.

Alex Chapman | Inbound marketing Expert
ExpCon

Alex - I have 61 users. 

• 33 have set up their profiles, bur only 15 are "assignable"
  • 12 that have not set up their profiles are "assignable"
  • 16 have not set up and are not "assignable"

I am trying to assign them from the contact home page, under the Contact Owner column.   When I click "unassigned", a pop up window appears.  The list only has 33 owners listed.

Once all of my owners are appearing on the drop down list on the pop up window - I will use the import feature to complete assigning our contacts to our users.

Tracy