Account & Settings

ClicKnowledge
Participant

Cannot Send Email

SOLVE

Some background info that may be pertinent is that for both my email and Hubspot CRM ID I was initially using info@clicknowledge.com and have since switched both to jason@clicknowledge.com.

Whenever I try to send an email through Hubspot I get an error message on Outlook 365 which declares "Your message wasn't delivered because the recipient's email provider rejected it."

Here is a screenshot of one of the messages:

HubspotEmailSendIssue.png

1 Accepted solution
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Cannot Send Email

SOLVE

Hi @ClicKnowledge  In the upper right of the main navigation, you should see an envelope icon. Click on that and add my user name to send a PM. 

Ed

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
15 Replies 15
TLBrewer66

Cannot Send Email

SOLVE

I am not sure if anyone else is still experiencing the joy of this issue, but wanted to at least give everyone an update on my own journey to find a resolution. What is unusual is that my emails did originally work through Hubspot, but at some point stopped. Apologize for the length here...

The issue seems to stem (as near as my non-IT expertise can tell) from the IP addresses that are used to send emails. These IP addresses are being flagged by Microsoft as being low reputation IP's and therefore blocked. The challenge is that none of the 3 parties involved (Hubspot, Microsoft or GoDaddy) seem to feel responsible for the IP's, and each point to another party for the ability to remove the restriction. At this point, a month later I have spoken to all 3 party tech support lines and here is where they each seem to stand:

GoDaddy - GoDaddy attempted to help by pointing me at this page: https://sender.office.com/ as the way to lift the restriction. You enter your email and the offending IP, receive an email back confirming you need the restriction lifted on that IP (if it is indeed restricted) and then reply that yes you really do want the restriction lifted. Then you wait. Not sure how long. GoDaddy then asked me to locate the sending IP from Hubspot. In digging around, I found that Hubspot uses an extremely long list of IP's and individually going one by one to figure out which IP is being blocked would take weeks or even months of me going through them all. So GoDaddy pointed me back to Hubspot and said that's pretty much all they can do. On to Hubspot.

Hubspot - Hubspot support pointed to the Microsoft documentation for the error code.  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=526653. In this documentation, Microsoft suggests that they be contacted in order to lift the restriction, so Hubspot says, not our issue, go talk to them. I'm given a support hyperlink for Microsoft.

Microsoft - Reaching out to the award winning Microsoft technical support team (cough, cough) from the link provided to me by Hubspot I was first told that there was no issue at all, because Outlook was functioning correctly.  After roughly 30 minutes of chat, and through persistence in pointing out that their own documentation said to contact them to lift a restriction, the final response was that Hubspot owns the IP's and that there was nothing they could do, perhaps I should go back to them. 

To come full circle (I love that I'm sending this on 2/2/2022, groundhog day), the Microsoft support for NDR errors points to the Office 365 admin portal, which points me back to GoDaddy. GoDaddy points to Hubspot who points to Microsoft who points to GoDaddy. 

If anyone was able to crack this one, I'd sure love to know....

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cannot Send Email

SOLVE

Hi @TLBrewer66 

Thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry for the frustration caused here. 

There is something I'm not quite sure I understand, is when GoDaddy tells you to locate HubSpot sending IPs - I'm wondering if there was a confusion with our sending IPs we use to send marketing emails. Because for sales emails, what HubSpot does is only relaying the email to your server which then in turns send the email. HubSpot does not send the email. 

I did have another look on Community and I was able to find these threads with 2 comments marked as solutions, could they help? It looks like this error mostly occures when you are trying out a Microsoft 365 trial tenant and that if you receive this error before you can purchase licenses, you should be able to contact Microsoft support to request an exception for the low reputation IP address until you're able to purchase licenses.

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
TLBrewer66

Cannot Send Email

SOLVE

Hello Tiphaine, 

As a GoDaddy user, the Office 365 license and application I purchased was through them. I have no office building or IT department with servers, I work from home. You are definitely echoing what Microsoft points to. GoDaddy. 

The resolution on that thread is to loop in my IT team. Unfortunately, again, I have no IT team. The other resolved message I found fascinating, which was that the issue was on Microsoft's end and they quickly addressed it. I did not have the same experience, but again suspect that individual was not someone that purchased 365 through GoDaddy. 

If I could isolate the issue to one of the three entities, I could at least hammer on that side until I find resolution. The likely culprit at this point seems GoDaddy, but again, in working with them their efforts were to find the offending IP's for release. I asked GoDaddy how do I find that out, and they pointed to Hubspot and suggested I locate which IP is used by Hubspot to send email. 

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cannot Send Email

SOLVE

Hi @TLBrewer66 

Thank you for your reply

This looks like a complicated situation indeed. I can assure you HubSpot does not send sales emails for you, your inbox/host does; otherwise we wouldn't even need you to connect your inbox to HubSpot. We would only use specific IPs to send marketing emails but not sales/individual emails. Maybe contacting GoDaddy and clarifying that you're talking about 1:1 individual emails sent from your inbox instead of marketing emails from the HubSpot platform would help? 

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

Cannot Send Email

SOLVE

@ClicKnowledge Just a thought. I once had a proper email and then an alias. For my emails, there was no issue. HubSpot only likes the primary email no alias. 

Good luck,

Chris

0 Upvotes
Bartvk
Participant

Cannot Send Email

SOLVE

Same probleme here with office 365. Any solution yet?

FredNilson

Cannot Send Email

SOLVE

I am having the same issues with inabilty to send emails from Hubspot.  Using Outlook 365 as well, seems to be a common issue, hope there is an easy fix...

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cannot Send Email

SOLVE

Hi @FredNilson

If you can provide additional information (how you are sending the emails, how your inbox is connected, and where you are getting stuck) along with screenshots, I am happy to investigate this matter for you.

Thanks,
Jenny

edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Cannot Send Email

SOLVE

Hi @ClicKnowledge  Thanks for the screenshot and background information. In order for me to look further, I'll need to access the record of a contct with a failed email. You can forward a link, or the contact's name or email address. Please feel free to send via private message.  

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
EthanR
Participant

Cannot Send Email

SOLVE

Hi Ed, 

Im having this very problem. Could you please explain how to resolve it? 

Thanks,

Ethan 

ClicKnowledge
Participant

Cannot Send Email

SOLVE

Thanks. How do I PM you?

0 Upvotes
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Cannot Send Email

SOLVE

Hi @ClicKnowledge  In the upper right of the main navigation, you should see an envelope icon. Click on that and add my user name to send a PM. 

Ed

0 Upvotes
alvaroqll

Cannot Send Email

SOLVE

Hello, 

I am having the same issue here, can you please share the solution you gave? 

Kind regards, 

Alvaro

0 Upvotes
mlauderbaugh

Cannot Send Email

SOLVE

I too am having this issue and would like to understand how to fix the problem. 

When I email through HubSpot to a contact, I get an email stating "Your message wasn't delivered because the recipient's email provider rejected it." 

I am using Office 365. 

alvaroqll

Cannot Send Email

SOLVE

If your Office365 is new, you should contact Microsoft support so they add your domain to a "white list". We solved this issue that way

0 Upvotes