Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor
Joined April-2017

Can't see HubSpot sidebar in Outlook

Good day,

I’m a new user and I have already downloaded sidekick app for Google Chrome browser – it’s working perfectly.

I have been made aware of the Outlook app for easily loading contacts into CRM. I have downloaded the app, activated the add-in and now I am having difficulties executing app, i.e. getting to load show the side bar. Could you please assist me?

It appears only when opening a new message, but the contact field are not there.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES
Joined February-2017

Re: Can't see HubSpot sidebar in Outlook

Hey @janis,

The sidebar within the Outlook extension will populate when you draft a new email to expedite the process of adding that particular contact into HubSpot. The sidebar is not meant to add all of your contacts into HubSpot, just those who you are emailing that are not already contacts in your portal. 

Additionally, the contact property fields will not show up until you click 'add to HubSpot' from the sidebar. You will then have the ability to add and edit their information. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Kudos
New Contributor
Joined April-2017

Hey @jsowyrda 

Indeed, thank you, I’m aware of that. The problem is that the sidebar is not showing up. Can you help me with that please?

Thanks in advance

Janis

0 Kudos
Joined February-2017

Hi @janis

Are you able to see the "HubSpot Sales" block within your Outlook toolbar at all? 

Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 4.42.04 PM.png

If you do see this toolbar, begin by clicking on the small arrow next to HubSpot Sales and select "configure". Under settings, you will see the option to enable notifications. This setting will need to be enabled in order for the sidebar to populate in Outlook.pasted_image_at_2017_05_04_04_55_pm_720.png

If after looking at these settings you are still having trouble finding the sidebar, can you please send along screenshots of what you are seeing, as well as information regarding what version of Outlook you are using? 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Kudos
New Contributor
Joined April-2017

Hi @jsowyrda

First, thank you very much for your support so far - much appreciated!

To answer your question, yes, I see everything of what you've mentoned above.

Please see screenshot of proof:

HubSpot.jpg

The problem is that I don't have it as a sidebar at the right side of my Outlook whre it's supposed to be for convenient and fast contact adding. I'm aware of this option because my business partner is using the same tool and for him it's working successfully. It would be great if you could pont me in the right direction in how would it work and what else I can do?

P.S. I am using 2013 version of Outlook.

Many thanks!

Janis

0 Kudos
Joined February-2017

Hi @janis

There are a few settings within your Outlook that you can try disabling in order to resolve this issue. If you are comfortable disabling these settings, it could be a fix going forward. 

The settings are under File > Options > Mail, & then the "Send Messages" header.  Uncheck "Automatic Name Checking" & "Use Autocomplete List...". outlook_settings-207687-edited.png

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Kudos