Account & Settings

reneep1ke

Can I use a single Hubspot account for seperate entities?

SOLVE

I have created a Hubspot account for 2 separate entities (brand names) however some companies and contacts are shared between both.

eg. Company X will buy both products so they are entered in Hubspot account 1 and Hubspot account 2.

I believe we can add a property to each deal and also to the company to identify which brand name they wished to buy.

The only concern with this is that certain team members should only see information in 1 company, not both. Are there any rules/permissions that can be set so that certain team members cannot see activity if it is not relevant to them?

Ideally if we can have the single hubspot account and set rules/permissions and create properties to segment our data that would be ideal.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @reneep1ke,

HubSpot has a feature for this – creating and editing teams – but it's only available in Professional and Enterprise subscriptions. (It looks like you're using HubSpot Sales Hub Starter.)

With this teams feature, you would create Team 1 and Team 2 and could set Deals Access permissions to Team only, as shown in the screenshot:

deals-access.png

HubSpot user permissions are explained more in detail here. (Permissions settings are available in all products and plans but Teams are limited to Professional or Enterprise.)

You would either have to upgrade or set Contacts Access and Deal Access to Owned only. They would then only see contacts and deals they created themselves or which they were assigned.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @reneep1ke,

HubSpot has a feature for this – creating and editing teams – but it's only available in Professional and Enterprise subscriptions. (It looks like you're using HubSpot Sales Hub Starter.)

With this teams feature, you would create Team 1 and Team 2 and could set Deals Access permissions to Team only, as shown in the screenshot:

deals-access.png

HubSpot user permissions are explained more in detail here. (Permissions settings are available in all products and plans but Teams are limited to Professional or Enterprise.)

You would either have to upgrade or set Contacts Access and Deal Access to Owned only. They would then only see contacts and deals they created themselves or which they were assigned.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.