Account & Settings

keimrj
Membro

Can I set another email address as the default sender?

When I have a setting in Gmail that says "Use Gmail to send email from another email address", can I set the other email address as the default sender in the Hubspot settings?

My gmail account is abc@gmail.com, but I want the default from address for replies from Hubspot's inbox to be abc@abc.com.

1 Resposta 1
MiaSrebrnjak
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

Can I set another email address as the default sender?

Hi @keimrj,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I'd recommend setting up an email alias in Gmail if you wish to send emails from a different email address. You can find detailed instructions in this help article.  

Setting up the email connection & an alias in HubSpot

1. Personal email 

If you'd like to send from the alias in the CRM, you must add the alias to your Gmail account before connecting the inbox in HubSpot (Settings > General > Email). 

When you connect your Gmail account to HubSpot, HubSpot automatically detects the Gmail alias and adds it as a From address. You can select the Gmail alias in the From dropdown menu in the email composer when you're sending emails from records in the CRM: 

Screenshot 2022-05-31 at 15.06.57.png

2. Team email

If you are, on the other hand, looking to connect a team email that you will use with the tool Conversations in HubSpot, then navigate to your account settings > Tools > Inbox and connect your email there as a new channel. You will be able to configure the "From" address during the channel setup process. 

You can read more about the difference between connecting a personal and a team email in HubSpot in this Knowledge base article. 

I hope this helps!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings