Account & Settings

RTennant

Can I connect an alternative email address using my Office 365 account? TRICKY QUESTION!

Hi

So, just trying to work out whether Hubspot will work for us. I have an Office 365 account registered with my main domain sltexecutivecoaching.com. In the same Office 365 account, I have a second domain: coachmatters.co.uk. I have a second Exchange license for this domain, so each domain has a full mailbox of its own.

I want to link my Hubspot account to my coachmatters.co.uk mailbox, but every time I try to connect it, Hubspot connects to my sltexecutivecoaching.com mailbox. 

Is there a way to make it connect to the right mailbox, or should I try a different CRM?

Thanks for your consideration.

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
JKleyn

Can I connect an alternative email address using my Office 365 account? TRICKY QUESTION!

I'm having the same problem - was there any solution to this?

0 Upvotes
MGerber18
Participant

Did you ever find a solution for this? We are now running into this exact same problem. HubSpot cannot appear to find the second mailbox that is attached to our main email login.... 

0 Upvotes
RTennant

Thank you, but I am the O365 administrator. I can certainl put in a service call to MS and see if there's anything that can be done at their end to resolve this.

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Key Advisor

Typically your CRM  is tied to a single email address or SSO signon.  If you want to have access with both accounts, you could try just creating an account with each email address and allowing it access to your instance.  But like with most CRMs, if you need that account to have access to certain features within the CRM, a separate license per account is needed.

But when you say it is defaulting to connect to one account are you having the system cookie you to remember your login details. If so, you may only be able to have one set of cookies per O365 login tied to the browser/session.  I personally don't know of any way to be connected to multiple at once (accessing multiple mailboxes is another topic).

RTennant

Thank you. I only want to access one email account, but both email accounts sit in one Office 365 subscription. Each email address has its own Exchange license, so they are standalone mailboxes. When I try to connect, there is no option to choose which of the two mailboxes I want to connect to Hubspot. It just defaults to the Office 365 subscription email (sltexecutivecoaching.com), even though I've set up Hubspot with my other email address (coachmatters.co.uk).

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Key Advisor

It sounds like your browser might think you are already signed in so it's not prompting you for the choice.  Have you tried logging in with a secondary browser or logging out of that other account before trying to sign into Hubspot?

RTennant

Thanks for that, but we have already tried an incognito session on Chrome, so it's not cookis or cache to blame. The problem is that the 365 account login uses the sltexecutivecoaching.com domain, but I want to use my coachmatters.co.uk mailbox, which is a separate Exchange license in the same 365 account, however during the connection process, there is no option to select a different mailbox. I'm really surprised this isn't more common. There must be plenty of businesses that have multiple domainswithin one Office 365 account.

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Key Advisor

At this point, if using multiple browsers still forces you to log in to the same account, I would consider reaching out to your O365 administrator as it may be a setting that they have on the server side that might link the accounts and force you to log in via one domain vs. the other.