Account & Settings

pwlund
Miembro

Blocked email still going to inbox or spam

resolver

So for example, I have blocked the email noreply@hubspot.com form being logged. But email from that address is still going to the spam folder. Have I missunderstood what Blocked from logging means?

How do I prevent any email from a certain address or domain from going to my Hubspot inbox or any Hubspot folder for that matter?

0 Me gusta
3 Soluciones aceptadas
Jnix284
Solución
Miembro estimable | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

Hi @pwlund  it sounds like you might have blocked it via track/log, but you're getting messages in the Spam folder for conversations inbox, which is handled a little differently.

I recommend reviewing this article about allow or deny lists for more insight on the spam folder

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @pwlund,

Are you referring to the deny list for conversations inboxes? https://knowledge.hubspot.com/conversations/manage-your-inbox-s-allow-and-deny-list

If so, then this is expected behavior, see the article above: "In addition to the email addresses and domains that you manually add to your allow or deny list, the following will happen by default in your inbox: Emails sent from noreply@hubspot.com will be marked as spam."

Hope that clarifies the behavior!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

pwlund
Solución
Miembro

resolver

Okay, I have set a more general email to the inbox now. And I understand that for some weird reason all noreply@hubspot.com emails will go to spam and I can't do anything about it. It is what it is.

10 Respuestas 10
karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @pwlund,

Are you referring to the deny list for conversations inboxes? https://knowledge.hubspot.com/conversations/manage-your-inbox-s-allow-and-deny-list

If so, then this is expected behavior, see the article above: "In addition to the email addresses and domains that you manually add to your allow or deny list, the following will happen by default in your inbox: Emails sent from noreply@hubspot.com will be marked as spam."

Hope that clarifies the behavior!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Jnix284
Solución

resolver

Hi @pwlund  it sounds like you might have blocked it via track/log, but you're getting messages in the Spam folder for conversations inbox, which is handled a little differently.

I recommend reviewing this article about allow or deny lists for more insight on the spam folder

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

pwlund
Miembro

resolver

Okay, so it seems lika I can't add noreply@hubspot.com to the deny list. So the idea is that I will have to live with that every email from noreply@hubspot.com will be added to the spam folder? It's impossible to prevent it from appear at all in Hubspot?

0 Me gusta
Jnix284

resolver

What type of emails are they? are they notification emails?

0 Me gusta
pwlund
Miembro

resolver

Yes, and for example the email I get every time you respond here. I get an email with for example the message:

Hi pwlund,

Jnix284 (Recognized Expert | Partner) posted a new reply in Account & Settings on Jan 25, 2023 7:48 AM in the HubSpot Community:

It's just unneccesary that it appears in a Hubspot folder at all.

0 Me gusta
Jnix284

resolver

@pwlund do you have your personal email connected to Inbox?

If so, that is the reason this is happening, the Inbox is intended for group emails, not those used for your HubSpot user/individual email account.

You cannot use a single email account as both your personal email and team email in HubSpot. If you need to use both the conversations tool and send one-to-one emails, you must connect two different email accoun

(more info)

pwlund
Solución
Miembro

resolver

Okay, I have set a more general email to the inbox now. And I understand that for some weird reason all noreply@hubspot.com emails will go to spam and I can't do anything about it. It is what it is.

Jnix284

resolver

it's a little strange, but it helps keep them from filling up your inbox and taking attention away from higher priority emails.

pwlund
Miembro

resolver

Now, this caused some other problems. Now I can't reply to email from my own email address. It's only the general address. Shouldn't it be at least my own email address as from address when the email is assigned to me?

0 Me gusta
Jnix284

resolver

For your personal email, you should be communicating from the contact record, etc.

This can be a little wonky if you're a small team with multiple roles, but the inbox is designed for live chat, form submissions, tickets, etc. and not for 1:1 communication.