Account & Settings

Pearly
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

[BETA] A Fresh New Home for Notifications Preferences

SOLVE

What is it?

A brand new design and clearer copy for the notification preference page.

Why does it matter?

With notifications, you can stay up to speed on everything that's happening in your HubSpot account: lead assignments, sync errors, imports, and more.

With so many notifications to choose from, it's crucial that the place you go to sign up for those notifications is easy to understand. As it turns out, up til now, the notification preferences screen in HubSpot has been cluttered, unclear, and overwhelming.

With today's update, the notifications screen has a fresh new loo. It's cleaner, clearer, and more organized. So you can sign up for all the notifications you need, without the headache.

Before:

Before.png

After:

new notif pref page - screenshot.png

How does it work?

To set up your HubSpot notifications:

1. In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon in the main navigation bar.
  2. In the left sidebar menu, choose Notifications.
  3. Choose the notification delivery channel by clicking on one of the tabs (desktop, email, connected apps)
  4. Make changes to your global notifications at the top of the page
  5. Make changes to the sound and appearance settings
  6. Make changes to the specific notifications topics by expanding the specific items you're interested in
  7. Check the box on the left side if you want to turn on a notification. Or uncheck it if you want to turn it off.

For all the details, see this knowledge base article.

1 Accepted solution
Pearly
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi Matt!

You won't receive a notification if you moved the deal to another stage. You will get notified if someone else moves a deal you own or follow to another stage. We consider that if you're the one moving the deal you don't need to be notified about it. 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
28 Replies 28
wbrooseboom
Participant

SOLVE

Hello, 

We make use of the chat widget and have all notifications turned on in Hubspot and allowed for notifications in Chrome, however apart from an email for new chats (not an existing conversation) we do not get any notifications on desktop.

We have activated the Bell, Pop-up and Browser, as well as the sound and red dot options, but none of them show.

Please advise, as this makes a timely interaction with new and existing chats very insecure. All we can do is stay glued to the screen to make sure not to miss anything. Not a very workable solution. 

Cheers, 

Boudewijn

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @wbrooseboom 

Thank you for reaching out. 

Are the notifications causing issue "Email conversation reply" and "Chat conversation reply"? Did you click Allow notifications to allow HubSpot to display notifications in your browser? (in Settings > Notifications > Desktop)

Could you also follow the steps in these articles:

Troubleshooting notifications

Not receiving push notifications in browser

If this is still not working, could you send us screenshots of that being activated for all the desktop notifications in your settings? The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide the better we can assist!

Thank you

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Sdiddy407
Contributor

SOLVE

How do I turn off notifications from my coworkers, or domain specific ones?

0 Upvotes
andersonkudo

SOLVE

I spent more than an hour in the chat now to try to solve a problem in the Notifications.

And it was not resolved .....

We have Team Email and Personal Email on the platform.

I can use Team Email (Gsuite) normally, I receive and send messages, I receive notifications when there is an action and the messages are in the Coversations Inbox.

With Personal Email I send and receive messages as well, but I do not receive any notification on the computer or the App, and the messages also do not go to Conversations - Inbox - Assigned to me.

Then the only way to check if you hear any action or response from the customer is by entering the customer's contact page and checking one by one .....

Imagine sending to 100 customers and having to check the page one by one ... to find out if there was an answer or not ....

I think it is nothing practical, but from what the attendant Luke informed me, it seems that the system works that way ...

The attendant said he would check and give me a return, either way I'm waiting

0 Upvotes
Pearly
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

You won't be notified about personal emails. You will only be notified about replies and new messages related to the shared inbox. 

HubSpot does not replace your personal email. It is recommended to check your personal email for new emails received on your personal email. 

I hope this helps!

andersonkudo

SOLVE

Thanks for the answer.

Now it's clear. I understood that Hubspot does not replace my personal email.

But as a suggestion for a next upgrade, as we send and receive messages using personal email, it would be much more productive to be able to receive at least notifications of replys from emails sent by the Hubspot platform.

Users would not need to leave the platform to check the replys and we would not need to manually update the contact's timeline if the message is answered by the email service.

Everything would be inside the CRM & Sales Hub, and we could serve our customers quickly and efficiently.

Regards.

0 Upvotes
livinghealthy

SOLVE

please help just take over and help me intlegrate my email so i can reach out to people thanks 

FranciscoHernan
Participant

SOLVE

Hola, se puede cmbiar el sonido de las notificaciones del chat? creo es importante diferenciar las notificaciones del chat para dar una atenciòn rapida

gtoyn

SOLVE

Just a heads up.  I closed a chat conversation, and the prospect reopened it and replied.  This became an unassigned email notification, and several people received a notification who have no interest whatsoever in this chat conversation. 

Does the new design require every user to go in an opt out of these types of notifications?

Pearly
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@gtoyn currently, notifications work on a user basis, which means every user in the portal should customize their own notifications settings by going to the notifications preferences page. 

If they want to stop receiving unassigned conversations notifications, they should turn off that option on the notifications preferences page under the section "chat and email conversations". 

Hope this helps!

ArmadaHealth

SOLVE

Just set up a contact form with notifications going to myself. I then set up a workflow that would send a notification to myself when a user marked a certain checkbox on the form. I did this to ensure I'd receive a separate notification when the checkbox was selected. After testing, I find I only get one notification, not two as I hoped. HubSpot rep suggested I post here for help with this issue. Thanks.

Pearly
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi Armada, 

Do you know if the notification you received is a form submission notification? or a workflow internal notification?

There are 2 steps required to receive form submission notifications:

1) Set yourself as a notifier on the forms settings page, in the form editor

2) Enable form submission notifications on the notifications preferences page

ArmadaHealth

SOLVE

It appears that I'm getting the notification from the Settings tab in the form itself, not the workflow notification. I know this because the workflow notification has a unique message for those who select the checkbox. 

Pearly
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Have you enabled the custom automation notifications? It's under the "workflows" section.

ArmadaHealth

SOLVE

Yes - under Settings --> Notifications --> Workflows, I have "Custom notification from workflows tool" checked. Does HubSpot prevent two notifications being sent from the same contact form even though one is created via the form settings and the other via a workflow?

Pearly
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Are you also a recipient in the workflow set to receive this internal notification?

ArmadaHealth

SOLVE

Yes - I'm set to receive notifications both in the contact form setting and the workflow. I built the workflow to send me a notification only if someone selects the checkbox on the final question. When I tested this yesterday, I selected the checkbox and received only one notification which appeared to be coming from the contact form settings.

PrecisionPages

SOLVE

It seems like Deal Email notifications are not working. I have tested checking the Deal Stage Update box and then moving a deal I own to a new Deal Stage. But I do not receive the email reliably. I've tested in FF and Chrome.

Thanks!

Matt

Pearly
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi Matt!

You won't receive a notification if you moved the deal to another stage. You will get notified if someone else moves a deal you own or follow to another stage. We consider that if you're the one moving the deal you don't need to be notified about it. 

0 Upvotes
PrecisionPages

SOLVE

OK I see. Makes sense, but makes testing a challenge.

Thanks!