Account & Settings

chris1000
Teilnehmer/-in

Automatically capture contact details not working

lösung

I have yet to see the Automatically capture contact details feature work yet.  My settings are turned on, inbox synced, and I typically use Gmail (in Chrome) with the Hubspot extention to communticate with clients and log their information.  Am I doing something wrong?

I understand this feature is not retroactive to old emails, but even new emails from clients not in the CRM do not get populated with details from their signatures (which I understand probably doesnt work with those image type signatures, but it's not even working for basic text type signture details).

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
sferreira
Lösung
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung

Hi @chris1000 

Thanks for getting back to me, 

Can I just make sure that you : 

1. have cleared your browser cache?
  2. made sure that you don't have any chrome extensions like firewall, ad block, ad blocker that could impeach the Contact Card to appear
  3. make sure, if you have several Gmail accounts, that you are connected to the good one 

Thank you for help here! 

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
6 Antworten
sferreira
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung

Hi @chris1000

Thanks for reaching out! 

Have you made sure of following these tutorials first? 

1. Enable Automatically populate contact properties with HubSpot AI
  2. Follow the steps of this article: Troubleshoot issues with your contact profiles

Looking forward to hearing from you, 

Best, 

Sebastian 

0 Upvotes
chris1000
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Yes, both Inbox Automation and Automatically capture contact details from emails with HubSpot AI have been switched on for weeks.

I VERY rarely send emails from within the CRM, but they are commonly being logged.  So, I know that my Gmail account is connected and working well.  Also, I know the Gmail/Chrome sidebar is working since I don't often have to re-log back in, and manual changes to fields have been confirmed within Hubspot.

I just don't seem to see the AI populating anything, and I've even confirmed that normal text signatures on recent emails are not polulating phone or address info to contacts that I've only had in Hubspot with Name and email.  I've confirmed this with new emails in ongoign threads (where I thought maybe the signature was getting burried), as well as via fresh emails with those clients where the signature is very clear. 

0 Upvotes
sferreira
Lösung
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung

Hi @chris1000 

Thanks for getting back to me, 

Can I just make sure that you : 

1. have cleared your browser cache?
  2. made sure that you don't have any chrome extensions like firewall, ad block, ad blocker that could impeach the Contact Card to appear
  3. make sure, if you have several Gmail accounts, that you are connected to the good one 

Thank you for help here! 

0 Upvotes
chris1000
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

1.  Cache cleared.  We'll see how it goes now.

2. In Gmail, the Hubspot sidebar defineity appears and I use it all the time.  I do use an ad blocker but it's disabled for gmail (i.e. mail.google.com). 

3. Sidebar works with the gmail account I want it to work with.  Just not getting the auto populated contact info from client signatures, etc.   I'll comment back if clearing the cache worked or not after I have some evidence. 

0 Upvotes
sferreira
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung

Thanks for following these troubleshooting steps @chris1000 
There are high chances that your Ad Blocker might be interfering here, any chance you can quickly uninstall it to check? 

0 Upvotes
chris1000
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Thanks,  it does appear to be working now.

I think the clearing of the cache is what really helped.

I've have the Chrome Ad Blocker extention disabled for domians I use often, including gmail, so I didn't need to remove that. 

0 Upvotes