Account & Settings

Bob_Drums

Apple iCloud Custom Email Domain

SOLVE

Hi,

I own my domain name through Google Domains, and I have created a working email through Apple's new "Custom Email Domain".

I want to connect my email to Hubspot but I'm struggling with the settings.

I'm not sure what my email password will be, should it be my Apple ID? And if so would the imap settings follow the instructions for iCloud email? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MOBRYAN
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

OOF. what a time i had getting this to work.

- I use custom domain on my icloud+ account.

- I created an app-specific password for this integration using appleid.apple.com

- important that the SMTP portis 587. Check the support.apple.com documentation for "imap" to confirm this.

HERE'S THE KICKER.

*** i had to use my xxx@icloud.com username to log in, not my custom-email appleid login.

[EDIT]

here's the REAL TRICK:

- use your custom-domain email address at the top of the email integration form,

- click / touch additional options, and use your xxx@icloud.com address for the username!

- watch out for reset fields if you make a mistake, you'll need to add the imap, smtp (and its port) again.

Good luck folks.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
MOBRYAN
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

OOF. what a time i had getting this to work.

- I use custom domain on my icloud+ account.

- I created an app-specific password for this integration using appleid.apple.com

- important that the SMTP portis 587. Check the support.apple.com documentation for "imap" to confirm this.

HERE'S THE KICKER.

*** i had to use my xxx@icloud.com username to log in, not my custom-email appleid login.

[EDIT]

here's the REAL TRICK:

- use your custom-domain email address at the top of the email integration form,

- click / touch additional options, and use your xxx@icloud.com address for the username!

- watch out for reset fields if you make a mistake, you'll need to add the imap, smtp (and its port) again.

Good luck folks.

Paddler
Participant

SOLVE

I'm getting the same issue.  It works with Freshsales, but HubSpot gives an authentication error.  There is no option to use TLS in HubSpot, which Apple requires.  In Freshsales, this is possible.  Perhaps this is why?  I'm evaluating this for a client, and right now, HubSpot would have to be discounted on this basis.

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Paddler,

I've checked internally to see if there have been similar reports, but I wasn't able to find any cases where the missing TLS option would prevent users from connecting their email with HubSpot. 

Could you please check this section of the help article that refers to authentication errors? Let me know if that'll help! 

Cheers
Mia, Community Team 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Bob_Drums,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

Just to confirm, do you wish to connect your personal email to HubSpot (as described here), to be able to send one-to-one emails from HubSpot? 

If yes, choosing the IMAP/"Other mail account" email connection is the right next step: 

Screenshot 2021-12-01 at 19.16.22.png

You will need to generate a third-party app password if your email provider is iCloud, you can see how to do that in this article. 

I hope this helps!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

Bob_Drums

SOLVE

Hi Mia,

Thank you for your reply! 

Yes that is correct. I have generated a third-party app password but I get the following error message;

"Unauthorized. Please check the email address and password and try again." 

I'm using the iCloud server settings here, should this be correct?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202304

Thanks,

Bob

DDegner
Participant

SOLVE

I have also created a third-party app password and get the same error.

0 Upvotes