Account & Settings

FredBou
Mitglied

Anoying login access code

Hey Hubspot friends,

I am not new to Hubspot, been using it since 2015 but lately everytime I am trying to log in it keep asking me for a code that I receive in my email.

I have been trying everything in the knowledge base and still can't get rid of that code request. Email with the code take forever to arrive..... anyway.  I need your help to resolve that issue please!

Thanks

Fred

19 Antworten
Brockney
Mitglied

It may be a different reason and situation for different people but this is how I overcame the 6 digit login code situation on Chrome....

Clicked the 3 dots in the top right hand corner

Clicked on Settings

Clicked on Privacy and Settings

Clicked on Third Party Cookies

Scrolled down the page to Allowed to use third-party cookies and added www.hubspot.com

This seems to have eliminated the 6 digit code request

Good luck 🙂

TSombini
Teilnehmer/-in

Hi There,

I got a reply from the HS team saying... "We noticed you're logging in from a new device or browser. 
I am afraid to say that my login is always from the same computer, which is why I get annoyed with the access code. 
Can we fix that? 
Thank you
0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Hi @TSombini,

like my colleague Tiphaine mentioned in her reply, HubSpot recognizes users with the help of a cookie that is placed in the user's browser. If it can find this cookie, it will not challenge the user to confirm their login again. "However, if there are extensions or settings that may be clearing your browser cookie daily, you would be seeing the log in code request often." 

Can you please check if 3rd party cookies are enabled in your browser? In Chrome, this would look like this: 

Screenshot 2022-04-14 at 12.13.23.png

Can you also check if a browser extension might be blocking or clearing cookies?

We also recommend to set up 2 factor authentication, where you can select which device you wish to use to authenticate and also prevent login confirmations by selecting Don't ask me again on this computer when logging in.

I hope this helps!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

TSombini
Teilnehmer/-in

Hi Mia, 

Thank you for your clarification. I noticed it happened when I "clean" cookies; however, it is still annoying because I need to clean the cookies daily... but helpful answers 🙂

Thank you

0 Upvotes
JPomerenke
Mitglied

I really do not get the point of these forums if the community team is just going to keep copying and pasting the same thing from the same public document. 

Just say, "No, we can't fix it."

0 Upvotes
JPomerenke
Mitglied

If you're asked to confirm your login often, consider enabling two-factor authentication

I considered it and I don't want to do that. What are next steps?

0 Upvotes
JPomerenke
Mitglied

You'll then have the option to prevent login confirmations for 30 days by selecting Don't ask me again on this computer when logging in. 

Why can't the development team just do this for the basic authentication? Instead of pushing us to use our mobile device...

0 Upvotes
JPomerenke
Mitglied

Like the email code is already 2 factor authentication right? I don't understand how they aren't the same

0 Upvotes
TSombini
Teilnehmer/-in

Agree this is pretty annoying.

0 Upvotes
APA
Teilnehmer/-in

I'm having the same issue. When I started a chat, hubspot suggested I defer to this community thread as a resolution to my problem after providing screenshots and stating the issue. Seems like ya'll haven't gotten the support you need either. 

rickdh
Teilnehmer/-in

Hi, we are also experiencing the same issue. Drives me mad. Even if I stop work and go to lunch and return and log back in it occurs again.

same computer, same browser same everything.

I am contemplating leaving because it drives me so mad constantly waiting for approval to log back in.

Oliver75
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

HubSpot users of our company start to have the same issue. It is very annoying for them, even though they log in from the very same computer at the very same office location. No changes in place, hardware, software or IP.

Is there a solution for this problem?

TiphaineCuisset
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Hi @Oliver75 

Thank you for reaching out. 

if you are logging in from an unrecognised device, we'd send you this email to confirm your login. Once the process is completed, HubSpot should drop a cookie in your user’s browser. As long as that cookie remains - HubSpot will not challenge the user to confirm their login again. However, if there are extensions or settings that may be clearing your browser cookie daily, you would be seeing the log in code request often.

While it isn't possible to remove this security feature, if you're asked to confirm your login often, consider enabling two-factor authentication. You can have that set up from your portal security settings. With 2FA enabled, you can verify your login with your mobile device instead of email. You'll then have the option to prevent login confirmations by selecting Don't ask me again on this computer when logging in.

If you're still running into issues I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able further information about this.

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

JPomerenke
Mitglied

Disregard. HubSpot is ridiculous.

0 Upvotes
TSombini
Teilnehmer/-in

Hi There,

I am afraid to say that my login is always from the same computer and that
is the reason I get annoyed with the access code.

Can we fix that?
0 Upvotes
Tuncel
Teilnehmer/-in

I have the same issue, although I am using the same device for the last 5 years to access Hubspot, few months ago, it also started asking me to enter verification code each time I sign-in and the message I receive is as below

"We noticed you're logging in from a new device or browser. We're just making sure it's you. We've sent a single-use code to your email address. Please enter your log in code below to access your account. Your code will expire if not used promptly."

but both my device and browsers are same

rickdh
Teilnehmer/-in

Hi All,

I am new to Hubspot and i am getting the same issue.

I have spent the last 5 hours trying to get hubspot working and I fail on nearly every aspect of setting it up.

I have had to use the code to log back in a few times already this morning, took 20 to 30 minutes to get the email.

The last time I went to lunch when I came to log back in it said my login was different and that i should receive a new code by email. I have now been waiting 2 hours and still no code, i have hit the Request another code about 8 tiems and still nothing.

So I was jsut reviewing this for my use and then to start onsellign to my cleints. After this debarcle why woud i ever recomend this to anybody.

SO FRUSTRATING, I CAN'T EVEN GET BACK IN. HELPPPPPPP

sharonlicari
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Hey @FredBou and @rickdh 

I'm so sorry you had this experience. 

I was checking for both of you and I can see the email has been sent correctly. 

I'd recommend reaching out to your IT Team include noreply@hubspot.com in their allowlist and the IP address. You can find more information about this here.

Please let me know if you have any questions

Best

Sharon 

Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

cpbrody59
Mitglied

Hi Sharon (and @FredBou & @rickdh) -

I had the same basic experience - Hubspot started prompting for login code being mailed to my default email - and while I've alwasy received the email and been able to log in, that doesn't reduce the annoyance factor.  How do we turn this "feature" off?  I had a lengthy chat session back in Sept. where the recommendation was "turn on 2FA and click the 'don't ask me again' box when you log in the first time".  I tried that, but Hubspot invokes 2FA hence requiring entering the code sent via SMS every time regardless.  Just to be thorough, I disabled 2FA this AM - no documentation for how but I correctly guessed that diabling SMS would eliminate it.  And surprise, surprise, I"m reverted to receiving an email with "Hubspot login code" that is just as annoying as ever.  These navigational changes - not communicated about in advance, and not provided with opt out paths - are causing my users to stop using Hubspot, undermining our desire to apply CRM and sales discipline to a small company that wants to grow.  Is that somethign Hubspot really wants to result - across a growing subset of your user base?I've am now spending more time interacting with various Hubspot "features" that used to be seamless than I am doing productive work for my company.    Over the past couple of days I've started posting in the community because Hubspot (the company) has demurred from taking up the issues (this is one of a couple) that I've raised.  You have to support your product, or people will leave it.