Account & Settings

jayg
Participant

Adding in User

SOLVE

I had problem adding a user and spelt his name incorrectly and wasn't able to edit it, so I chose to delete the user and start again. Now it won't let me add the user back in as it says the email address is already associated with a user in the system. What do I need to do to be able to add this user back into our system. Second question: if you've made an error in the spelling of a user's name, how do you edit it?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Adding in User

SOLVE

Hi @jayg   You won't be able to change a mispelled name, but instead, the user can edit their name after they have set up their account. 

Additionally, you would need to set up a new user account only if the email was incorrect as it is not possible to change a user email in HubSpot.

When setting up a new account, you will receive a message if an email address has already been used with your (or other) HubSpot account. Deleted user email addresses stay with our system. The message just makes you aware that the address is in our system, but does not preevent you from moving froward to create the new user account. You can simply acknolwedge the message, and continue trhough the process. 

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Adding in User

SOLVE

Hi @jayg   You won't be able to change a mispelled name, but instead, the user can edit their name after they have set up their account. 

Additionally, you would need to set up a new user account only if the email was incorrect as it is not possible to change a user email in HubSpot.

When setting up a new account, you will receive a message if an email address has already been used with your (or other) HubSpot account. Deleted user email addresses stay with our system. The message just makes you aware that the address is in our system, but does not preevent you from moving froward to create the new user account. You can simply acknolwedge the message, and continue trhough the process. 

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
daleyork

Adding in User

SOLVE

How do I make the email address available to select as a user?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Adding in User

SOLVE

Hi @daleyork,

Do you mind providing additional information around what you are looking to accomplish? 

The more details, screenshots and information you can provide, the better the Community can assist.

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes