Account & Settings

Chilvalric
Colaborador

Account creation with personal gmail

resolver

Hello everyone,

I have a doubt regarding Hubspot's free tools.

I have recently "landed" in a new company and I would like to introduce Hubspot in a non-traumatic way, so starting with its free version which already has very interesting features.

However, I have a few questions:

Can I open a free Hubspot account even with my personal gmail, while waiting for a company domain to appear?

When I enter my company email with the purchased domain, will the domain manager be notified of the activation of the free version?

The company would like us to use personal gmail linked to company emails, with the "use Gmail to send messages from your other email addresses" function. Could there be problems with Hubspot's tracked sales emails?

thank you in advance!

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @Chilvalric,

That depends on your IT and how closely they monitor employee and account activity. From a HubSpot side of things, there shouldn't be any emails triggered.

Depending on your organisation, keep in mind that some software solutions need to be approved by IT first before they can be used.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

4 Respuestas 4
Chilvalric
Colaborador

resolver

Thank you very much @karstenkoehler 

karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @Chilvalric,

That depends on your IT and how closely they monitor employee and account activity. From a HubSpot side of things, there shouldn't be any emails triggered.

Depending on your organisation, keep in mind that some software solutions need to be approved by IT first before they can be used.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Chilvalric
Colaborador

resolver

Thank you very much, the best thing is to connect my business email to Hubspot right away.

When I make this connection, wthe domain administrator will receive any notification?

0 Me gusta
karstenkoehler

resolver

Hi @Chilvalric,

Yes, you can register for a HubSpot account with an email address and later change it. I'm not aware of any notifications to the email domain owner here. When you grant HubSpot permissions to access your work email, this integration might however pop up on someone's dashboard in IT.

If you're also referring to connecting the email and website domain of your company, you'll probably not be able to do this without the help of IT.

In any case, I'd be very careful about using personal inboxes for business purposes. There might be legal implications since you'd be processing personal data outside of the defined data privacy and protection policy of your company. Also, introducing HubSpot quietly might do more harm than good since stakeholders will not feel like they've been kept in the communication and change from the very beginning.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler