Account & Settings

Wanderer
Participante

Account - app-eu1.hubspot.com

resolver

Hi, 

When we created the HubSpot account we got the domain as "app-eu1.hubspot.com". Does it mean that our account is in Europe? If not, what does "app-eu1" actually mean? If yes, can we move it to another region, and how?

Thanks!

1 Soluciones aceptada
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @Wanderer,

Correct, the app-eu1 prefix means that your data hosting location is the European Union, specifically Amazon Web Services in the Germany region.

I'm aware of migration of portals from the United States East hosting to the EU but not the other way around. In any case, this wouldn't be a setting in your HubSpot portal but something you'd discuss with your customer success manager / account manager at HubSpot. I'd recommend reaching out to them.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

3 Respuestas 3
karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @Wanderer,

Correct, the app-eu1 prefix means that your data hosting location is the European Union, specifically Amazon Web Services in the Germany region.

I'm aware of migration of portals from the United States East hosting to the EU but not the other way around. In any case, this wouldn't be a setting in your HubSpot portal but something you'd discuss with your customer success manager / account manager at HubSpot. I'd recommend reaching out to them.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Wanderer
Participante

resolver

Hi @karstenkoehler,

Thanks for your response. Appreciate. We are on a Free tier and I'm afraid we do not have access to Customer Success Manager / Account Manager. So, we need to reach out to the community only? But, I do not see a way forward regarding this problem except creating a new account? Can we control where our new account is hosted? We are a business in India and having our account hosted anywhere else does not solve our purpose and also causes GDPR issues. 

Thanks!

0 Me gusta
karstenkoehler

resolver

Hi @Wanderer,

HubSpot doesn't offer any hosting in India, unfortunately, see here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/account/hubspot-cloud-infrastructure-and-data-hosting-frequently-asked... It's either US or Germany. At present, HubSpot doesn't have any immediate plans for additional data centres.

There don't seem to be any options currently to choose one of these locations during the setup of a free portal, unfortunately.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Me gusta