Account & Settings

MichaelHCO
Mitglied

Account Setup Mistake

lösung

I was wondering if someone in the community could help me with a self-inflicted problem 😉 

When I set up HubSpot CRM, I tagged the account to my name (MichaelH) and an email address (xxxxx@comcast.net).  The intent was to use this email address for any Admin activities or correspondence from HubSpot.  My next step was to attach an active inbox for all customer related activities/email correspondence [xxxx@gmail.com]. 

As I started to send and receive emails using xxxx@gmail.com, HubSpot started collecting data (emails, names, addresses, company, etc) as it should, and I also edited some of the info.  The problem surfaced, when I set a reminder to follow up with a customer.  The reminder went to xxxxx@comcast.net, and not xxxx@gmail.com. What I realized then is that the HubSpot account is tied to MichaelH using xxxxx@comcast.net, so all notifications will be sent there.

So, should I set up an additional user in HubSpot CRM (say MikeH using xxxx@gmail.com) and assign them the lead for my customers in an effort to have any assigned activities/notices, etc. go to that Gmail account?

Hopefully I didn’t create a massive mess.  Thanks.

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
mark_vande_haar
Lösung
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Account Setup Mistake

lösung

You can do two accounts or one. If you do 1 you need to pick the one you'll be using withing Hubspot and make that the admin account.  It sounds like you use the Gmail address for day to day use in Hubspot. 

The benefits of two would eliminate the issue you're having now with notifications going to Comcast.

If you're managing both of these emails/accounts this can be a little tricky and messy. 

My advice would be: Identify your email you'll use the most for activity in Hubspot. Make that a "user"

Add the "customer-centered" email as a user like help@ connect that through your inbox in the Conversations part of Hubspot. You'll add that email as a channel.

From there you can reply from those emails when you toggle in the contact view. Then tasks and notifications go directly to the user. 

Hope that helps!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

3 Antworten
mark_vande_haar
Lösung
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Account Setup Mistake

lösung

You can do two accounts or one. If you do 1 you need to pick the one you'll be using withing Hubspot and make that the admin account.  It sounds like you use the Gmail address for day to day use in Hubspot. 

The benefits of two would eliminate the issue you're having now with notifications going to Comcast.

If you're managing both of these emails/accounts this can be a little tricky and messy. 

My advice would be: Identify your email you'll use the most for activity in Hubspot. Make that a "user"

Add the "customer-centered" email as a user like help@ connect that through your inbox in the Conversations part of Hubspot. You'll add that email as a channel.

From there you can reply from those emails when you toggle in the contact view. Then tasks and notifications go directly to the user. 

Hope that helps!

MichaelHCO1
Teilnehmer/-in

Account Setup Mistake

lösung

It worked - Thanks!

0 Upvotes
MichaelHCO1
Teilnehmer/-in

Account Setup Mistake

lösung

Mark - Thanks for the reply and advice.  I did what you said, and tested with a time bound notice, it worked and ended up in the right account (xxx.@Gmail.com).

0 Upvotes