HubSpot Academy Support

karrilahti

Upwork not getting verification from HubSpot on Inbound Certification

Dear beloved Support,

1. I have completed the Inbound certification
  2. I have added the cerfication to my Upwork via the HubSpot interface
  3. Upwork has sent me an email saying they haven't gotten verification from HubSpot of the completed certification
  4. Upwork is asking me to re-add the certification to my Upwork profile on HubSpot's end (which I cannot do since the button for adding the certification is grayed out)

Two platforms I'm a user of for whatever reason cannot communicate with each other – and as a user I should solve the situation for both platforms. 

How?

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @karrilahti,

For an up to date list on which certifications upwork supports, I wanted to share this resource.

As of March 21, 2019 the certifications supported are: 

• HubSpot Marketing Software Certification
  • Contextual Marketing Certification
  • Design Certification
  • HubSpot Agency Partner Certification

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
ankur2410

I am also having same issue. I updated inbound marketing certification just this morning and got an email from upwork that they are not able to verify from hubspot. They are supporting this certificate. See the image below it is just taken. Kindly solve the problem.

Capture2.JPG

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ankur2410,

Are you able to view your certification within HubSpot? 

What information do you need to solve this problem with upwork? 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Arber02

Hello Jenny,

I am having the exact same problem as ankur and karrilahti here have which is why I am not creating a new thread instead.

As ankur layed out in his screenshot, Upwork IS currently supporting the Inbound Certification to be added. 

Unfortunately he did not reply to you asking what infomation is needed to solve this problem with Upwork, which I will do now.

Upwork sent out an email saying that they were not able to add the certification to our profiles because HubSpot has not sent Upwork an email confirming our certification.

They are also saying: "After we receive confirmation from Hubspot Academy, your certification will appear on your profile within five days. Certifications that are not officially sanctioned by Hubspot will be rejected."

So the only thing we need is for HubSpot to confirm to Upwork via email that our certificates are valid. Apparetly that has not happened.

I have tried visiting my certification page to perhaps find something to get this email sent out automatically to Upwork, but there is nothing. Here a screenshot of what it says about adding this certificate to Upwork (again, we are talking about the Inbound Certification here which IS supported by Upwork, even the new one. They have two selections, one for the 2017 version and one for the new certification.)

Hubspot problem.png

Notice how in the Upwork section it says under 2.: "Your certificate has been sent to Upwork, they will verify it, and it will appear on your profile once approved."

The problem: According to Upwork, the certificate has not been sent to them, which is why they are not able to verify it.

So all that is needed is for this email to be sent out by Hubspot.

Thank you,
Arber Bajraktari

Arber02

UPDATE

Upwork just sent out an email that they have approved my certification request.

For all the other people that are having the same issue, here is what I did.

I replied to the email I got from Upwork saying that they have not been able to verify my certification with this email: 

"Hello [Upwork Customer Support Name],

I have found that many HubSpot Users seem to have an issue with HubSpot not sending out certification emails for the Inbound Certification. Please see the bottom Reply in the hubspot community forum here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Academy-Learning-Center-Support/Add-Inbound-Certification-to-Upwork...

However, you can easily verify that I have completed the Inbound Certification by visiting this link on HubSpot:

https://hubspot-academy.s3.amazonaws.com/prod/tracks/user-certificates/da97f09336da4a51b6f31a75d7103...

(link to the on HubSpot itself hosted image file with my certification)

Apparently, this was enough for them to be able to approve my Inbound Certification and I got the following email 50 minutes later:

"Dear Arber Bajraktari,

Congratulations! Your certification has been verified and your profile will be updated accordingly. Thank you for your patience and please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns."

Hope this helps all the other people with the same issue.

Cheers,

Arber Bajraktari

0 Upvotes
mohibullah

Thanks Arber,

Just followed you idea. Lets see what happens. I will update here once approved.

0 Upvotes
mohibullah

Yess.... It worked. Many thanks Arber. 🙂

0 Upvotes