HubSpot Academy Support

Dave_UCC

Recommended Courses for Masters Students

SOLVE

Hi Guys, 

I'm wondering if anyone would have recommendations for the best/most appropriate certification(s) for masters level marketing students to undertake as a small part of their degree. With the number of certs on offer we want to narrow, and basically introduce students to eCRM and inbound marketing capabilities to work in conjunction with classroom based content. We'd probably be looking to limit the amount of time taken to obtain the cert(s) to 5-hours and are open to them taking more than one. Assume that the students are novices in terms of the operational elements of the platform. Thanks. 

1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

HubSpot MBAs 2019HubSpot MBAs 2019

I'm an ole-school educator, so ... I'm a firm believer in prerequisites. 🙂

Pre-2018, HubSpot offered a pretty linear progression through Academy courses. Everyone started with Inbound, then branched, according to their interests, to either Marketing or Sales tracks. (some of us geeks did both)

- see image (HubSpot Pre-2018 Certification Tracks)

HubSpot Pre-2018 Certification Tracks | Source: MFrankJohnson.comHubSpot Pre-2018 Certification Tracks | Source: MFrankJohnson.com

Throughout 2018, HubSpot introduced a more distributed (less linear) approach to Academy courses. Basically, you could start anywhere and jump around to your heart's content. (less effective in my experience, but again ... I'm 'ole-school')

Fast forward to 2019, where it seems certification is less of a priority than the accumulation of HubSpot knowledge. (not necessarily a bad thing, but ...) It seems this is the new 'norm' since the platform is evolving MUCH more quickly now than at any time in its history.

So ... Where should marketing grad students start? And, which courses/certs should they complete?

-1- HubSpot Inbound Certification | 2h 24m (+1h Certification Exam)

Despite the fact that inbound isn't nearly as effective as it once was due to the massive increase in the volume of content on the internet, inbound is here to stay. It's also safe to say that HubSpot remains the de facto standard for inbound certification in the marketing automation space world-wide.

-2- SEO Training Course: Building Sustainable Traffic for Business Growth | 1h 2m (no cert)

Contrary to tales of an impending bot-apocalypse and what SEO-death predictor's will have us believe, search engine optimization (SEO) is also not going away anytime soon. In fact, due to the rapid evolution of Google's search algorithms the need for technical SEO expertise is evolving as well. (Rand Fishkin, 2018)

-3- Set Up Your HubSpot CRM for Growth | 26m (no cert)

If we're going to start students on a path to understand customer relationship management (CRM) platforms, what better platforms to use than one tied to tangible business goals -- i.e., 'market stuff' ... 'sell stuff'. While HubSpot CRM is certainly not considered a highly customizable CRM (like Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.), it is easily accessible, user-friendly, and free. Always a good thing for the .edu crowd! 🙂

-4- Any other HubSpot training -- for which they have time and interest ...

The HubSpot ecosystem is designed to help real companies convert real leads into real customers. Their award-winning HubSpot Academy training is built with these goals in mind.

Anything you can get your hands on from the HubSpot Academy is top-shelf and supported by some of the best inbound experts in the world. And, don't forget to subscribe to the HubSpot Blogs!

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

HubSpot MBAs 2019HubSpot MBAs 2019

I'm an ole-school educator, so ... I'm a firm believer in prerequisites. 🙂

Pre-2018, HubSpot offered a pretty linear progression through Academy courses. Everyone started with Inbound, then branched, according to their interests, to either Marketing or Sales tracks. (some of us geeks did both)

- see image (HubSpot Pre-2018 Certification Tracks)

HubSpot Pre-2018 Certification Tracks | Source: MFrankJohnson.comHubSpot Pre-2018 Certification Tracks | Source: MFrankJohnson.com

Throughout 2018, HubSpot introduced a more distributed (less linear) approach to Academy courses. Basically, you could start anywhere and jump around to your heart's content. (less effective in my experience, but again ... I'm 'ole-school')

Fast forward to 2019, where it seems certification is less of a priority than the accumulation of HubSpot knowledge. (not necessarily a bad thing, but ...) It seems this is the new 'norm' since the platform is evolving MUCH more quickly now than at any time in its history.

So ... Where should marketing grad students start? And, which courses/certs should they complete?

-1- HubSpot Inbound Certification | 2h 24m (+1h Certification Exam)

Despite the fact that inbound isn't nearly as effective as it once was due to the massive increase in the volume of content on the internet, inbound is here to stay. It's also safe to say that HubSpot remains the de facto standard for inbound certification in the marketing automation space world-wide.

-2- SEO Training Course: Building Sustainable Traffic for Business Growth | 1h 2m (no cert)

Contrary to tales of an impending bot-apocalypse and what SEO-death predictor's will have us believe, search engine optimization (SEO) is also not going away anytime soon. In fact, due to the rapid evolution of Google's search algorithms the need for technical SEO expertise is evolving as well. (Rand Fishkin, 2018)

-3- Set Up Your HubSpot CRM for Growth | 26m (no cert)

If we're going to start students on a path to understand customer relationship management (CRM) platforms, what better platforms to use than one tied to tangible business goals -- i.e., 'market stuff' ... 'sell stuff'. While HubSpot CRM is certainly not considered a highly customizable CRM (like Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.), it is easily accessible, user-friendly, and free. Always a good thing for the .edu crowd! 🙂

-4- Any other HubSpot training -- for which they have time and interest ...

The HubSpot ecosystem is designed to help real companies convert real leads into real customers. Their award-winning HubSpot Academy training is built with these goals in mind.

Anything you can get your hands on from the HubSpot Academy is top-shelf and supported by some of the best inbound experts in the world. And, don't forget to subscribe to the HubSpot Blogs!

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com