HubSpot Academy Support

kate27
Participant

Image types in Emails

SOLVE

I'm going through the email certification (https://app.hubspot.com/learning-center/142655/course/8/267), and noticed at the very end of the video he recommends, "don't use PNG files". I thought those were generally the best images types to use for web, so what is recommended instead?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
cbsembler
Solution
Academy Team
Academy Team

Image types in Emails

SOLVE

Hey @kate27

The main best practices you want to keep in mind is that not all email clients show images automatically, it’s important to optimize your emails for images-off viewing. 

Through the use of ALT text, styled ALT text and background colors, it’s possible to optimize your emails for when images are disabled.

In addition, be sure to avoid all-image-based emails -- this is the key because there will be some clients and some people who will block automatic image loading. I have included here a knowledge article on the best ways to optimize your emails using images. 

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can answer. 

Best, 

Courtney Sembler 

Inbound Professor 

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Image types in Emails

SOLVE

Hi @kate27

Thanks for posting. Are you referring to the "how to design great emails" video in the email certification course? 

@cbsembler do you have any recommendations or best practice tips for images in marketing emails? 

0 Upvotes
kate27
Participant

Image types in Emails

SOLVE

Yes, exactly.

0 Upvotes
cbsembler
Solution
Academy Team
Academy Team

Image types in Emails

SOLVE

Hey @kate27

The main best practices you want to keep in mind is that not all email clients show images automatically, it’s important to optimize your emails for images-off viewing. 

Through the use of ALT text, styled ALT text and background colors, it’s possible to optimize your emails for when images are disabled.

In addition, be sure to avoid all-image-based emails -- this is the key because there will be some clients and some people who will block automatic image loading. I have included here a knowledge article on the best ways to optimize your emails using images. 

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can answer. 

Best, 

Courtney Sembler 

Inbound Professor 

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy
kate27
Participant

Image types in Emails

SOLVE

Okay, just to confirm, the image type is not important, just having "alt text" and making sure the whole email is not an image so that clients who can only read text still have something to "see", right?

0 Upvotes