HubSpot Academy Support

nini
Miembro

Hubspot course misunderstanding

resolver

I started one of the courses yesterday and then I stopped thinking to continue the next day. Today when I opened it the system did not save the what I watched yesterday. my queston is , can you tell me how does this work and if I can still take an exam 

Thanks

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
KyleJepson
Solución
Profesor inbound
Profesor inbound

resolver

In this context, "opportunity" means people that your sales team have a real sales conversation with.

For example, let's imagine your company sells cars, and that you make $10,000 for every car you sell. This month, your company wants to make $1,000,000. So that means you need to sell 100 cars.

An opportunity in this case might be people who test drive a car. People who test drive a car are definitely interested in buying a car, but not every single test driver will buy. Let's say that, on average, 25% of the people who test drive a car end up buying a car. That means you need 400 test drivers to sell 100 cars.

In this example, test drivers are your opportunities. They're people that show real interest in buying.

The last piece of the SLA is your leads. Leads are people who might become opportunities. Continuing with the car example, a lead might be a person who schedules a time for a test drive. Not everyone who schedules a test drive will show up, but let's say half of them do. So your math looks like this:

You want to make $1,000,000 this month, which means you need to make 100 sales, which means you need 400 opportunities, which means you need 800 leads.

Does that help?

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

5 Respuestas 5
jennysowyrda
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hi @nini,

You can still take the exam after pausing and coming back to the videos. The exam itself is timed. 

If you're still experiencing issues, can you please share the name of the certification you are working on, as well as screenshots of where you're getting stuck? 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Me gusta
nini
Miembro

resolver

Here , I am not sure if I understand what does the speaker mean by "opportunities" Can anyone give me en example? Thanks in advance 
Screen Shot 2019-01-05 at 9.37.05 PM.png

0 Me gusta
jennysowyrda

resolver

@KyleJepson do you have any examples for @nini

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Me gusta
KyleJepson
Solución
Profesor inbound
Profesor inbound

resolver

In this context, "opportunity" means people that your sales team have a real sales conversation with.

For example, let's imagine your company sells cars, and that you make $10,000 for every car you sell. This month, your company wants to make $1,000,000. So that means you need to sell 100 cars.

An opportunity in this case might be people who test drive a car. People who test drive a car are definitely interested in buying a car, but not every single test driver will buy. Let's say that, on average, 25% of the people who test drive a car end up buying a car. That means you need 400 test drivers to sell 100 cars.

In this example, test drivers are your opportunities. They're people that show real interest in buying.

The last piece of the SLA is your leads. Leads are people who might become opportunities. Continuing with the car example, a lead might be a person who schedules a time for a test drive. Not everyone who schedules a test drive will show up, but let's say half of them do. So your math looks like this:

You want to make $1,000,000 this month, which means you need to make 100 sales, which means you need 400 opportunities, which means you need 800 leads.

Does that help?

nini
Miembro

resolver

Thank you for your explanation. Now it is clear to me 

0 Me gusta