How to Submit Practical Exercises?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Can someone help me understand how to complete the practical exercises in the new certification courses? When I click on "Start Exercise" it just takes me to the relevant page in my account. There are no instructions there. There is no way to designate to HubSpot "Here is the completed assignment" there is nothing on the course page for me to link to a completed exercise or submit it there. I'm trying to re-complete my Contextual Marketing Course as it expired April 1st. Within my account, all the practical exercises have been completed because we regularly use smart content. I just need to know how to show I've done it and get it graded.

15 Replies 15
HubSpot Product Team

Hi there,

You should be able to see the instructions on the practical exercises before you even begin them like so: https://www.evernote.com/l/AJdrxM4hwm9Bv7NLW07gv-jHNlEp_eZnQzI

When you click into "start exercise," it will take you to the place where you can perform these actions. A big chunk of them will be automatically graded - in other words, we will see programmatically whether you completed the event or not. Some are still manually graded so a human has to go in and assess the work.

Does this make sense? Let me know what gets confusing about this process as we want to look at improving it and making it more intuitive.

Best,

Maggie

0 Upvotes

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. I can see the (albeit quite brief) instructions but when I try and complete the practical exercise it opens in a new window with no instructions and no way to indicate that I have completed the exercise. If I return to the existing window it gives me the option 'resume exercise' but there doesn't seem to be anything else to do. Confusing!

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Nicola,

Which exercise is this? Can you share a screenshot or a link to my email addres - mgeorgieva@hubspot.com and I will look into it.

Thanks,

Maggie

0 Upvotes

Hey Maggie,

I'm experiencing the same problems as Nicola.

I'll post a screenshot of which exercise im stuck on.

bugg.PNG

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Seblun - from that screenshot it looks like your exercise is "in progress." This means that you've clicked on a link to start it and that our system is checking to see if you have completed the action we require here - in this case that's filtering contacts. If it was completed, the screen will update to say that. It generally takes about 24hrs or under. Has it been more than that for you?

Best,

Maggie

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi Maggie, mine has been over 24 hours, but still shows in progress.

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Moderator

Hi Chandler!

I just ran your email address in our backend and I'm seeing that this exercise was graded and passed successfully, it should now be all set.

Cristina 

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Thank you somuch for the help! May I ask another question? I did not pass another 2 exercises, I re-did it, but is there a way I can know what mistakes I made so I can do it right next time? Thank you again!

0 Upvotes

Same issue for me, Maggie. It's hard to tell whether it's even registering that I went through the motions of completing the practical exercise when it's saying 'in progress'. Please advise. 

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Moderator

Hi Seblun, 

The exercise has also been marked as completed for you as well!

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Moderator

Hi Nicola,

The filter your contacts exercise has also be graded and successfully completed for you as well!

Cristina 

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Moderator

Hi Brittney,

The prompt for the exercise should be on the same page where you click the "begin exercise" button. Once it redirects you will need to go back to the original page of the exercise if you would like to look at the prompt again!

Cristina 

0 Upvotes

I too am having this exact same issue.  I have completed the exercise,  but there is no update of the previous certification course page.  There should be some type of additional confirmation that an individual has completed the exercise in the course. Only having the option to Skip or Resume leads to a high degree of ambiguity.  

Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 9.45.07 AM.png

Same issue here. Very tough to understand if I'm wasting my time or progressing through these excercises. Appreciate any support.

Same issue with the same course (HubSpot Sales Software). I contacted chat support, they asked to wait for a week for the practical texts to be manually graded. It's been a week now and I have no response till now. Can someone from the HS team please try and process this faster as I need this certification urgently?

0 Upvotes