HubSpot Academy Support

howards
Participant | Diamond Partner

The new academy and certification process is bad. It might work for new customers or onboarding but it is seriously lacking for agencies, renewals, and advanced users. 

In the new tracks view how do I know which certifications I have? How do I know which ones I am in the middle of? what about easily finding the practical tasks? 

Who agrees? 

13 Replies 13
MMontoya

The learning center is bad.  I am playing around with changing how we do ownership and the learning center said there was nothing available.  But when I went back to the old version and clicked the academy cap, three sets of info came up.  

0 Upvotes
mgeorgieva
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi there - there is only one version of the Learning Center available right now. You may be looking at different pages - the Tracks page vs the My team page and seeing different things there. If you walk me through the specific task you're trying to accomplish, we can follow along and see if this is a bug or a UX/UI issue. Feel free to describe that here or shoot me a note at mgeorgieva@hubspot.com

Best,

Maggie

0 Upvotes
MMontoya

If you type the word "ownership" you get nothing.

How do you access the Academy in the new version?

0 Upvotes
mgeorgieva
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

You access is from your account and selecting Learning Center - https://www.evernote.com/l/AJc1JNi6gI5Is5xCZbUVYJkMgfnHUS7hGUI

When you search for the word "ownership," are you looking for content in the Learning Center that talks about that? I don't think we have any lessons or tracks that mention the word "ownership."

Best,

Maggie

0 Upvotes
MCSimon
Contributor

I second that. Only by chance (no one announced me), I've found today that we have a new forum/academy. I am confused. Can't find all my old certifications, nor the already started courses. I really want to continue my learning curve but... don't know how. And... believe me... until today, I've used to think that I am a smart gal :-))))))  Thanks to our new academy... it seems that, not anymore 🙂

0 Upvotes
mgeorgieva
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Thanks for the feedback! You should be able to see the status of what you've completed in the My Team tab or if you use the filter on the main page. Do you see discrepencies there?

Best,

Maggie

howards

I knew about my team, but when I checked the other week my name did not appear now it does. there is a bug though on the "status" filter. it is not showing any completed tracks. I am assuming because of the switchover, old certificates are not exactly "tracks." maybe? 

mgeorgieva
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

I'd love to get your feedback on this actually. With the recent changes, we separarted the idea of the content and the award, thus allowing for the creation of different content and topics that's not all certifications (its weight could be higher or lower). So currently we look at "Completed" as in if a user has done all the things inside the content - watched all the videos inside a track, done all the quizzes, etc. But technically in order to gain a certification, you only need to pass the graded items (the practical exercises and the exam). That leads to some filtering and progress discrepencies, and I am wondering how you think about this. Do you like to go through all the content or just the graded one? Do you care that you've completed all the content at all or is that not as important? Also, what about when it comes to coworkers and knowing where they are at.

howards

As a somewhat advanced user, I might not watch all the videos but only read the transcript and slides. For renewals, I might or might not read/watch any content. As part of a partner agency, the certifications have more weight/meaning as opposed to an individual user at a portal owner. I don't need to know where another coworker is at only if they completed a certification as part of the team at our agency. I thought the old layout was easier to understand and navigate.  What I see are two objectives. 1) teaching users marketing skills and how to use HubSpot properly to reduce churn, add valve etc. and 2) allow individuals to complete certifications that they can transfer between jobs, improve their profile, or in the agency perspective, add value to the agency listing, and training.   I'd be happy to get more into it. feel free to email me. 

mgeorgieva
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Thanks! This is helpful. I might shoot you a note to keep chatting about this as we evolve it further.

AlexHutson
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

Hi guys,

I was just doing the HubSpot Sales Software track and discovered how difficicult it was to find all of the 'practical exercises'.

It looks like there are five, but I think I can only find four... it shouldn't be so hard!

I recommend that as well as featuring the practical exercises within each sub-topic area you also feature them all together at the bottom of the track sidebar alongside the exam part. 

This way it would be really easy to see all of the practical exercises that need to be done and know what their status is (incomplete / submitted / completed).

The UX would be so much better.

I need to do the HubSpot Marketing Software track next and at the moment I feel quite stressed about it because of the difficulty in seeing and finding all of the practical exercises.  It's really putting me off doing it because I feel like I don't know where I am with it.

I hope that all makes sense and is helpful.

Does anyone else think this would be a good idea?

Thanks,

Alex

0 Upvotes
mgeorgieva
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Thanks so much for the feedback, Alex. This is really good input.

Right now the exercises are placed after the videos and content that should help people complete the practical work. Do you tend to go through it that way or do you tend to mostly open up the track and look for the practical exercises?

We do have some ideas of how to highlight them in general, but I'm curious of your current process.

Best,

Maggie

0 Upvotes
AlexHutson
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

I totally agree!

It was so much easier to browse and find content in the old version.

An immediate fix to the new version I'd recommend would be for all of the 'tracks' to be shown (as they were in the old version), as having to use the pagination is awful, and the filter menu is pretty useless.

Thanks,

Alex