HubSpot Academy Support

jillworth
Contributor

Confused by the new Cert page

SOLVE

Hi, I am a long time Hubspot user and have taken several of the certifications over the years.  I cant seem to find what I have taken, not taken and which are set to expire soon.   I find the new layout very confusing, especially for someone who has already passed some of the cerst.

Also, I passed the Contextual Marketing exam but do I still need to do the practicum for it and how do I got about doing that?  Thank you for your help. 

Jill Worth

1 Accepted solution
mgeorgieva
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Thanks, Jill.

If you've passed the Inbound certification you should be all set. We did release a whole new version of it, so that's why you see two Inbound ones - one is the now outdated one that you completed before and one is the brand new one that we just released. You still should hold certificate for the old one but once that expires, you can go through the new one and watch all the new videos, etc. The badge and certificate of the two are equivalent. You can read more about the curriculum changes here: https://blog.hubspot.com/customers/new-curriculum-inbound-marketing-sales-training

In terms of the practicums - yes, they've changed to be contextually embedded into the content (so if you watch a video about deals, you can then go ahead and practice creating a deal). You should be able to see the instructions on the practical exercises before you even begin them like so: https://www.evernote.com/l/AJdrxM4hwm9Bv7NLW07gv-jHNlEp_eZnQzI When you click into "start exercise," it will take you to the place where you can perform these actions. A big chunk of the exercises are automatically graded - in other words, we will see programmatically whether you completed the event or not. Some are still manually graded so a human has to go in and assess the work. 

We'll look into the filter and make sure that's reflective of your status. Let me know if you have any other feedback or questions!

Best,

Maggie

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10
MCSimon
Contributor

SOLVE

Same here. I am lost. In fact... I don't recall someone announcing me that we have a new platform for the Academy. I found it today... by coincidence... trying to find something else, and being dragged from link to link to the new forum. Exactly like you, I don't find my certifications.

Can someone help?

mgeorgieva
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi folks,

You should still be able to find your completed and exiring soon certifications if you go to the My Team tab or if you use the filter on the main page showing all the existing content. Do you not see what you expect to be seeing there?

Best,

Maggie Georgieva

MCSimon
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks a lot, Maggie! Now all is good.

0 Upvotes
jillworth
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Maggie, 

I can see under My Team what I have passed but there are several new certs and I'm not sure if those are the same as the ones I have already passed or not, or if in fact they are truly new.  For instance, I passed the Inbound cert last year but I now see there is  an Inbound Marketing and Inbound Certification test (as well as the Inbound). Its a little confusing.  The "Completed" tab under Tracks doesn't show anything for me and neither does Expiring Soon. 

Also, how do I take the practicum portion of the Contextual cert?  When I go to "Resume Track" it takes to certain practical experiences which open in a new tab but they don't show what to do when I'm in that new tab.  

Thanks for any extra help you can provide!

Jill

mgeorgieva
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Thanks, Jill.

If you've passed the Inbound certification you should be all set. We did release a whole new version of it, so that's why you see two Inbound ones - one is the now outdated one that you completed before and one is the brand new one that we just released. You still should hold certificate for the old one but once that expires, you can go through the new one and watch all the new videos, etc. The badge and certificate of the two are equivalent. You can read more about the curriculum changes here: https://blog.hubspot.com/customers/new-curriculum-inbound-marketing-sales-training

In terms of the practicums - yes, they've changed to be contextually embedded into the content (so if you watch a video about deals, you can then go ahead and practice creating a deal). You should be able to see the instructions on the practical exercises before you even begin them like so: https://www.evernote.com/l/AJdrxM4hwm9Bv7NLW07gv-jHNlEp_eZnQzI When you click into "start exercise," it will take you to the place where you can perform these actions. A big chunk of the exercises are automatically graded - in other words, we will see programmatically whether you completed the event or not. Some are still manually graded so a human has to go in and assess the work. 

We'll look into the filter and make sure that's reflective of your status. Let me know if you have any other feedback or questions!

Best,

Maggie

jillworth
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks Maggie, this is very helpful.  

mgeorgieva
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Thanks, Jill. Let me know if you have any suggestions in making this better. I know this is a departure from how we've had the system before but we are hoping the assessment will get faster and that we can cover more topics now. 

jillworth
Contributor

SOLVE

One thing I would recommend is how the practical exercises work in a general sense so for someone like me who is used to going through the track without them, I'll understand what they are and how they help to improve the assessment.  

Also, some type of page or email that shows recommendations based on what you have already taken would be helpful.  Showing the little highlighted icons on the My Team page is OK but I think its still confusing.  Something like "You have already passed X (with expiration date) so try taking X next time" kind of thing.  Even a quarterly email update on your progress, etc...would be really helpful.  For now, I am keeping track of it manually. 

mgeorgieva
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

I love that suggestion - thanks for bringing it up. I've shared with the rest of the team and we'll see what we can do!

jillworth
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks Maggie... I appreciate you taking my suggestions into consideration.