HubSpot Academy Support

bertz
Membre

Certifications/Advice/Suggestion

Résolue

Whats up Hubspot Community! I got my Inbound certification and I am now halfway through the Content Marketing course (which seems very thorough and ideal for medium to large organizations). I see a lot of similarities between these two, as well as the Inbound Marketing one, obviously... But I wonder if I should really complete all of them so I came here to ask for advice and share a suggestion.

My main goal is to understand the core principles so I can develop a personal branding strategy as a web developer/digital marketer. So while my main goal is to build a kick-**bleep** portfolio/brand and freelance, I also want to help SMB owners build their online strategy eventually.
With that in mind, I wonder is should I really go through all of them or only do Inbound Marketing, for example. It seems to include enough Content Marketing and Social Media on its own. I guess I could just go through all of them and skip the common parts but it seems to me like there must be a more effective way to get this done.

Suggestion for Hubspot Academy: Customized learning path
Given the great quality (and quantity) of content available here, it would've been great to have some kind of survey when I got started, to help me figure out which courses I should do, in what order, etc. These learning paths could be categorized and segmented according to users expertise level, goals, and roles in a company, for example. I think this could potentially help avoid redundancy while going through the courses, getting overwhelmed when starting out or FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) when picking which courses and content to go through.
For example, when I was choosing my first certification, I found that when comparing the Inbound and Inbound Marketing courses, I could barely tell the difference. I read both descriptions and picked Inbound because it mentioned fundamentals, so it seemed like the proper order, but maybe I would've been perfectly fine skipping this one knowing I was gonna go through the Inbound Marketing course. 

Maybe I'm over-thinking this, in any case, I needed to share this so that's that 🙂
Any feedback would be appreciated, on both my learning path and suggestion.
Thanks

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Leader d'opinion

Résolue

CONGRATULATIONS on your new cert. 🙂

HubSpot is a HUGE platform.

What's your background ... i.e., developer, marketer, sales rep, service rep?

What's your goal (with HubSpot) ... i.e., developer, marketer, sales rep, service rep?

This thread may help give you additional insight.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

1 Réponse
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Leader d'opinion

Résolue

CONGRATULATIONS on your new cert. 🙂

HubSpot is a HUGE platform.

What's your background ... i.e., developer, marketer, sales rep, service rep?

What's your goal (with HubSpot) ... i.e., developer, marketer, sales rep, service rep?

This thread may help give you additional insight.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com