HubSpot Academy Support

PS
Contributor

definition on inbound leads and enrichment process

SOLVE

Hi,

On watching the videos, I have some of the doubts which are unclear. I want to know about the enrichement step and the inbound leads. As by going through the script was difficult for me to understand that what is enrichment step, how it's described and how can inbound leads be defined. I would be grateful to you, if you could help me with description of inbound leads and the enrichment step. 

Thank you!

Preeti.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
KyleJepson
Solution
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

SOLVE

Hi @PS, thanks for reaching out.

And inbound lead is any lead that seeks you out and asks for your help. I'm not sure which video you were watching, but enrichment generally means adding information to a record so you can have a better idea of who a person is. For example, whenever you add a company to HubSpot CRM, the system looks through public information related to the company's website URL and pulls in any details (number of employees, annual revenue, etc.) it can find. This process can also be done manually, like when someone hands you a business card and you go to LinkedIn to get more information about them.

Does that make sense? Let me know if I've misunderstood your question.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
KyleJepson
Solution
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

SOLVE

Hi @PS, thanks for reaching out.

And inbound lead is any lead that seeks you out and asks for your help. I'm not sure which video you were watching, but enrichment generally means adding information to a record so you can have a better idea of who a person is. For example, whenever you add a company to HubSpot CRM, the system looks through public information related to the company's website URL and pulls in any details (number of employees, annual revenue, etc.) it can find. This process can also be done manually, like when someone hands you a business card and you go to LinkedIn to get more information about them.

Does that make sense? Let me know if I've misunderstood your question.

PS
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi,

Thanx for the response and yes it was really helpful and well understanding with the example.

0 Upvotes