APIs & Integrations

mpinrobo

webhook for incoming messages on live chat

SOLVE

Hello! I am totally beginner in Hubspot products and services. I need help and have some questions, I found this community I hope I can find someone. I am working on the chat integration using webhooks and APIs. I have a chatbot and I want to use this chatbot in the Hubsbop live chats. Basically, whenever a new message comes to the inbox I want to trigger a webhook to my end, I want to send the answer from my end to live conversations. I read lots of documents related to webhooks, chat flows, and conversation APIs. However, I could not find how I can set up this. I have already a developer account and a trial test account. Is this possible with the webhooks? I tried to set up a bot from scratch and configure the chat flow in Hubspot. Then I choose the trigger webhook option after the welcome message. Somehow, I see the request on my end, but then the conversation ends, I just could not figure out how to automatize this for each incoming message from the users. 

I managed to create a public app to use webhook and listen to the events. However, I can not list this app without active users and verification. So I can not select this app as a connected app for my test account. If I create a private app for my test account, webhook is not allowed for the private apps. I just could not figure out how to proceed with that.

I hope I explained my problem and it is understandable.

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
himanshurauthan
Solution
Thought Leader | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hello @dennisedson, I guess I might have some experience with that. So @mpinrobo, yes you can trigger a webhook in the chatbot.

Click on add action and you will have the option of Trigger a webhook in HubSpot Chatflow. But adding lots of action may slow down your site so be careful.

image_2022_04_26T13_20_02_524Z.png

Regards,

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@himanshurauthan ,  do you have any experience in this area?

0 Upvotes
himanshurauthan
Solution

SOLVE

Hello @dennisedson, I guess I might have some experience with that. So @mpinrobo, yes you can trigger a webhook in the chatbot.

Click on add action and you will have the option of Trigger a webhook in HubSpot Chatflow. But adding lots of action may slow down your site so be careful.

image_2022_04_26T13_20_02_524Z.png

Regards,

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology