APIs & Integrations

rarayav
Participant

validate contact

SOLVE

Hello, I wanted to see if there is a way to validate that the contact already exists with a property other than email, for example DNI and that if it exists, do not make a new contact

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
quentin_lamamy
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

validate contact

SOLVE

How are you inserting data in HS ? If it's a custom integration based on the api juste retrieve a list of all your contact hubspotId => DNI, keep it in memory and when importing check if you have this DNY in memory

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
rarayav
Participant

validate contact

SOLVE

thanks for your help

0 Upvotes
quentin_lamamy
Solution

validate contact

SOLVE

How are you inserting data in HS ? If it's a custom integration based on the api juste retrieve a list of all your contact hubspotId => DNI, keep it in memory and when importing check if you have this DNY in memory

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

validate contact

SOLVE

Thanks @quentin_lamamy 

@rarayav  each contact also has a unique VID, but I am unsure if this is what you need

0 Upvotes
rarayav
Participant

validate contact

SOLVE

I explain my business, we are a foundation where some of our clients do not have an email address and they donate to us directly, to identify them we only have their DNI, so if we do not use that property they are repeated.

0 Upvotes
quentin_lamamy

validate contact

SOLVE

Hi @rarayav 
Hubspot use the contact email as primary key, and i don't think you can change that. I will ping someone who maybe have the information @dennisedson