APIs & Integrations

lstepany
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Elite Partner

using webhooks with privet app

Hi,

The logic I would like to apply to the integration with third parti app is as follows.

When the CRM object properties value is "somevalue"  HTTP POST requets is made  to "myendpoint". 

In my integration app I use priveApp as authentication method. How can I acheive this implementation?

One way I was thinking of is to use  Operations hub. To create a workflow with the action ''send webhook" to "myendpoint".

lstepany_0-1671527414594.png

lstepany_1-1671527479374.png

Would it be a working option?

Thanks in advance,

Levon

0 Upvotes
2 Antworten
Jaycee_Lewis
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Hi, @lstepany 👋 Private apps cannot be used with Webhooks. You'll need to create an app, set up OAuth, and then you can set your webhook details in your app settings. Here's some documentation:

You'll need to create a public app (does not have to be listed in the Marketplace) and set up your webhooks in the app. It is not possible to use Private Apps for Webhooks.

Have fun building! — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes
lstepany

Hi @Jaycee_Lewis 

Thank you for  reply!

Actually  not even with a privet app but with API key and a manualy created SECRET.  (isn't API key deprected already?? or is this a different thing?)

lstepany_0-1671570359489.png

Initially I was plannig to build a custom integration with OAuth authentication method but after exploring more the operations hub I discovered that there is an option to send a webhook right from the HubSpot workfloes. Looks too easy 😄 is that  a good solution?  

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/how-do-i-use-webhooks-with-hubspot-workflows

0 Upvotes