APIs & Integrations

tibgrid
Membre

script api and crm question

Dear Community,

I am part of a company which is using another CRM and before moving to hubspot I have a question:

I would like to call the API of another website I am using regularly (REST) and process the data I am getting with that API (directly from Hubspot). By processing the data I mean running a couple of scripts (python or others) that call my clients info (in the CRM) and mix it with the data from the third party website. The result would log an incident in the CRM and would send to the client an email with the mixture of information.

The script would run frequently during the day

Is it possible ?

Thank you in advance

0 Votes
3 Réponses
Derek_Gervais
Ancien salarié HubSpot
Ancien salarié HubSpot

Hey @tibgrid ,

It's certainly possible to write the script(s) you're describing, but HubSpot doesn't have the ability to host & run your scripts. You'd need to write & host them in an external hosting environment, and push the data into HubSpot via the relevant API.

If you're willing to share some more details on what specifically your scripts are going to do, I'd be happy to help advise on best practices when working with the HubSpot API.

0 Votes
tibgrid
Membre

Hello @Derek_Gervais

Thank you for the fast and clear answer.

The goal for the scripts would be to write a small report automatically, with the client info and the info from another website. The script would therefore make a request to the other website (which is working with alert's api) every X hours / days. If a new alert is made, then it would then push the data inside the CRM at the client's account  and create an incident for all my team to be able to see. Lastly it would send an email to the client with the report inside.

Do you have any idea on how to incorporate that inside the HubSpot? If it is possible I would transfer my full current company to your CRM.

Thank you in advance

0 Votes
Derek_Gervais
Ancien salarié HubSpot
Ancien salarié HubSpot

Hey @tibgrid ,

There are a number of ways you could tackle this in HubSpot, but the complexity depends heavily on which strategy you choose. From what I'm seeing, it sounds like your script(s) would do a few key things:

• Pushing data into the CRM when an alert occurs
  • Creating an incident for your team (is this in HubSpot?)
  • Sending an email to the client

Let's start with the first bit. HubSpot has a handful of APIs that might be relevant here, depending on what data you're pushing into the CRM. If you're updating contact/company/deal records, you'll want to use the corresponding API (see these docs). If you're instead looking to trigger an event of some kind, you'd want to check out the Enterprise Events API (for a fairly straightforward implementation limited to Enterprise accounts) and/or the Timeline Events API (for a more involved but more robust implementation available for all product tiers).

For your second point; I'm not entirely sure whether or not the incident report is being created in HubSpot or not. If it is, I'd recommend tracking these incident reports as tickets, which can be managed via the Tickets API.

Finally, sending an email with your report. You can send emails directly via the SMTP API or Single Send API, which both require the Transaction Email add-on. Otherwise, you can use HubSpot's built in email functionality and workflows by enrolling the contact in a workflow via the Workflows API.

0 Votes