APIs & Integrations

dmswissdive
Participante

oAuth getting access token

resolver

Dear all

I am struggling with getting the access token from hubspot oauth server.
Read a few related comments, tried several suggestions, but still no success.
Certainly I followed the respective manual, but from my side of view, there are somehow a missing part.
The manual does not contain an example of a URL how it should looks like.

As close to the manual, my URL to get the access token looks like this:

-X POST
--header accept: application/json\
--header content-type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded\
https://api.hubapi.com/oauth/v1/token?client_id=f2466572-8de0-448d-9147-109e294701eb&client_secret=5...

At least I get back a message in JSON Format: It says: Missing or unknown grant type

May anybody give me a hint where I am wrong or better, can tell me how the calling URL should look like?
Any kind of help in this case is very welcome.

Best regards
dmswissdive

0 Me gusta
2 Soluciones aceptadas
Jaycee_Lewis
Solución
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hey, @dmswissdive 👋 Working with OAuth is frustrating at times, for sure. 

@Kevin-C @mangelet @RomanGruit any ideas for helping @dmswissdive get setup and running? Or suggestions on what additional information they can include to help the community better understand the root issue?

Thank you!

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

arquadrado
Solución
Participante

resolver

The accepted solution does not contain any information about the how to solve the problem. What am I missing here? I am, as well, having problems in getting access tokens from my application code.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

4 Respuestas 4
dmswissdive
Participante

resolver

Hi

No, sadly I was not able to run with oauth. Honestly I did not spend much time for this. In fact, we have given up this project, for other reasons, not about struggling with oauth, so I didn't go very deep into this topic.

0 Me gusta
Jaycee_Lewis
Solución

resolver

Hey, @dmswissdive 👋 Working with OAuth is frustrating at times, for sure. 

@Kevin-C @mangelet @RomanGruit any ideas for helping @dmswissdive get setup and running? Or suggestions on what additional information they can include to help the community better understand the root issue?

Thank you!

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

arquadrado
Solución
Participante

resolver

The accepted solution does not contain any information about the how to solve the problem. What am I missing here? I am, as well, having problems in getting access tokens from my application code.

HubSpot2023
Miembro

resolver

Were you able to access OAuth?  I am too in the same boat and just getting started.  I have used APIs for CRM through Postman before but trying to get started with this CRM HubSpot.  Can you help?

0 Me gusta