APIs & Integrations

calmger

link from marketing email event to marketing email

I have some question.

API for events provides links to recipent(email address) and Campaign Id. However, what is needed is the link to marketing email. 

So far I have not found any link from event to email. Though HUbspot front end gives list of events per email address and paricular marketing email.

Please help.

7 Replies 7
gdhub7
Participant

@calmger Did you find the way to link event to email?

0 Upvotes
calmger

Directly no. What I did I created bridge table in my database with foreign keys to Contact, EmailContact, Campaign tables, and used complex code to populate these foreign keys using existing Hubspot API endpoints.

Ismith1
Participant

Would you mind expanding on this? We are trying to build a dashboard based on the data coming into our data warehouse that let's us look at the Hubspot Email Event performanc metrics based on the name of the email. The name of the email isn't in the Events API so I am wondering how you did create that bridge to be able to look at performance metrics assocaited with the name of a marketing email. As of right now the email name is only in the HubSpot Marketing Email Overview API. You mentioned advanced code and creating a bridge with foreign keys and am wondering if your logic on fixing this applies to our situation. 

0 Upvotes
gdhub7
Participant

Thanks for the quick response. If only they include just the Marketing Email ID in Email Events API it would make everyone's life so much simpler.

0 Upvotes
calmger

Agree. Definetely they have such reference in their database. Otherwise, they could not dispaly this in frontend. Additional endpoint would be appreciated.

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @calmger,

Just to clarify, do you mean that you'd like to gather more details of the email return here: Get campaign data for a given campaign | Email Events API

If so, while currently there isn't an endpoint that returns the link to the marketing email in your HubSpot portal, you can use this endpoint Get all marketing emails and specific the email name e.g.  

/marketing-emails/v1/emails?hapikey={{hapikey}}&name={{email name}}

and this would return more details of the marketing email in question.

0 Upvotes
gdhub7
Participant

Hi @WendyGoh - Ideally,the Email Events API should have the corresponding Marketing Email ID as well. Is this going to happen? This would help to link Email Events to Marketing Email. Using Campaign seems like a work around and not every Marketing Email would be linked to Campaign hence missing the stats on Marketing Email which don't have a Campaign.

0 Upvotes