APIs & Integrations

EWeintraub
Participant

issues with tracking code install for Magento site

I'm running into an issue with installing the HubSpot tracking code on my Magento 2.4 site. I've been going through the troubleshooting guide and am at the point where I am inspecting the code. I've clicked Inspect and am in Network but when I scroll down to my Hubspot ID, its in red & I get a blocked error. 

Everything looks ok when I view the page source, as far as I know.

Any suggestions for how to fix this?

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
EWeintraub
Participant

@piersg The correct site is live now here. I think the tracking code is working but I'm not sure. I don't know where to go in HubSpot to verify that its connected. Sorry for the delay and confusion, but there were some issues with the doimain transfer. 

0 Upvotes
EWeintraub
Participant

@piersg That's so weird because I know that I copied & pasted the tracking code into the HTML header in Magento. Looks like the domain name change hasn't taken effect yet so it'll be another day or so before the correct site is at my domain name. So I guess its just watch & wait.

Honestly have no idea what you mean by blocking users from inspecting my site. I didn't do anything to do that. It seems like Shopify automatically does stuff like that and I have absolutely no control over any of that. Shopify is the problem, not anything I did.

EWeintraub
Participant

@piersg Website is here. The main issue was that it was showing that I hadn't installed the tracking code in Hubspot after I in fact had installed it. I've checked in Safari & don't get that error there.  But there has to be more to it than just browser. Unless it takes time for the tracking code to work?

0 Upvotes
piersg
Key Advisor

As far as I can tell you haven't included the Hubspot tracking code. There's no reference in your HTML to js.hs-scripts or js.hs-analytics, and it's not coming up in the list of tracking scripts that my adblocker shows.

Side note, please don't block users from inspecting your website, it's unnecessary and there are ways around it so it's also ineffective. It's just annoying.

piersg
Key Advisor

Hi @EWeintraub, are you using an ad blocker extension in your browser? They often block tracking codes as well. Could you also give us a link to your site please so we can provide more specific help.

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@Anton , @piersg feel like dipping your toes into a magento question 😬

0 Upvotes