APIs & Integrations

JDutton
Participant

hs commands not working

SOLVE

I sucessfully installed the local dev tools a few days ago, connecting VS code to my sandbox/developer account. I was able to push up a new theme I was working on as part of Hubspot Academy's CMS for Developers Course. However, yesterday when as I continued to watch the videos and it came time to create a template using hs create, it gave me an error that it didnt recognize hs commands. Am I missing something here? A step? Am I supposed to be using a command to login or something? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

hs commands not working

SOLVE

Hi @JDutton Are you on mac by chance? I'm very new to the CLI on mac and also experienced a similar issue. I used the CLI on windows for a long time without any problems. It was due to mac user permissions and having to install node.js locally instead of globally.

I had one of the developers I work with walk through the EACCESS steps with me and TBH it was waaay over my head, but he figured it out. Then a week or so later I tried the CLI again, and it didn't work again.

This thread in the dev slack goes through what we did to troubleshoot, we never quite found the resolution for me, but maybe some of the earlier steps will help you troubleshoot.

This community thread also might have the answer for you.

I don't do a lot of local development, mostly converting global modules and updates, so I've procrastinated a bit on finding the answer and would love to know what you learn if you're able to figure it out!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Jnix284
Solution

hs commands not working

SOLVE

Hi @JDutton Are you on mac by chance? I'm very new to the CLI on mac and also experienced a similar issue. I used the CLI on windows for a long time without any problems. It was due to mac user permissions and having to install node.js locally instead of globally.

I had one of the developers I work with walk through the EACCESS steps with me and TBH it was waaay over my head, but he figured it out. Then a week or so later I tried the CLI again, and it didn't work again.

This thread in the dev slack goes through what we did to troubleshoot, we never quite found the resolution for me, but maybe some of the earlier steps will help you troubleshoot.

This community thread also might have the answer for you.

I don't do a lot of local development, mostly converting global modules and updates, so I've procrastinated a bit on finding the answer and would love to know what you learn if you're able to figure it out!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

0 Upvotes
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

hs commands not working

SOLVE

Hi, @JDutton 👋 Thanks for the question. Hey, @Jnix284 @BarryGrennan @Sjardo, do you have any insight you can offer to @JDutton?

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes