APIs & Integrations

MPenn6
Participant

help determining source of API Key log entries

I'm working with my organization's HubSpot to make sure we are prepared for the transition to private apps.  When I look at our current API Key Call log, I see lots of activity. Something out there is using the API key to update contacts, create tickets, etc.  The problem is, I don't know where this activty is coming from. The detail screen for each call does not give me any hints (i.e. IP address, app name, etc).

Any tips for helping me find the source of an api call that is being logged? I'll need to find this integration(s)  in order to transition it to a private app. Thanks! 

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

help determining source of API Key log entries

Hi, @MPenn6  👋 This is a common request during the time right before the sunset. The short, and honest, answer is — this information is not stored in HubSpot. This isn't limited to just a HubSpot pain point, and I know that doesn't help you out at this moment.

The responsibility of tracking where a portal's HAPI is used has always fallen on the portal admins.  This is one of the many reasons we are making the switch to Private Apps  — better security and accountability along with the ability to restrict scopes are some of these reasons too. 

I am going to add on a long-shot suggestion, likely not to work, and we can see what we get.

If you have an Object record, a Contact for example, we can look at Original Source > Drill Down 2 and see if there is a clue there. Please tell me if that doesn't make sense. 

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes