APIs & Integrations

tomasfp
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

hapikey "Workflow Extensions" access denied

Hi, I am trying to install a custom "Workflow Extension", but I get the error below.

How do I enable "developers-access" for my hapikey?

Cheers, Tomas

{
"status": "error",
"message": "This hapikey (yyyyyyy-9eb8-4515-90b3-xxxxxxxxxxx) does not have proper permissions! (requires all of [developers-access])",
"correlationId": "yyyyyyy-5779-4571-ad22-xxxxxxxxxxx",
"requestId": "yyyyyyy-98e8-4edb-97cb-xxxxxxxxxxx"
}

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
lscanlan
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @tomasfp,

Are you using the API key for your non-developer HubSpot account or for your developer account? And are you trying to create a new definition? So that would be requests to /automationextensions/v1/definitions . If that's the case, you should use the API key for your developer portal. Usually an error like this indicates that you're trying to use the key associated to your non-developer account, when you need to be using the one for your developer account. And if you haven't looked at it yet, I'd make sure to take a look at the section in this article titled "Steps to Using Workflow Extensions": https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/workflow-extensions/workflow-extensions-overview.

If that's not the case, let me know and I'll look closer. But that's my first guess here. And let me know if you have any other questions about this.

- Leland

Leland Scanlan

HubSpot Developer Support
0 Upvotes
tomasfp
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

Thanks Leland, I get it now. I was able to create my app in my developer account and then add in my customers account 🙂

Cheers, Tomas

0 Upvotes