APIs & Integrations

agarwal_manvi

facing problem in integrating webhooks with the test acount used for contacts api integrations

Hi

I am using hubspot for the first time for my project and  i am using contacts and deals api for integrations.

I created a developer account > created a test account > integrations >  used API key to create contacts and deals from my server. They were working fine, now if any changes are done in these contacts and deals records from hubspot dashboard, i want to trigger the webhooks and update my database as well, with the changes that happend from hubspot dashboard.

But for that i need to create an  app in a developer account, now using the api key of the newly created application i am not able to create the contacts and deals from my server.It shows not enough permissions

so basically i want to use one account to create the records in hubspot crm from my applications and use the same to trigger the webhooks to hit the endpoint on my server

Therefore, I am not able to link the app created with my test account or I am not able to find an option to create an app inside the test account? how can I ensure both the tasks to be done using the developer API key method for authentication of webhooks and integration of api's .

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Willson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

facing problem in integrating webhooks with the test acount used for contacts api integrations

Hi @agarwal_manvi 

In order to create a Webhook that subscribes to events in your Portal, this needs to be integrated and cannot be connected through the use of an API key. 

In order to integrate the App to your Portal, this must be done using OAuth, which is documented here

Once this is done, the App should be integrated in your Portal allowing you to configure subscriptions for events including contact.creation events. This will trigger the Webhook to post data associated to this event to your configured Webhook URL. 

I hope this helps!

Product Manager @ HubSpot
0 Upvotes
agarwal_manvi

Thank you! for the reply @Willson , i figured out this flow of installing the app in a test account using auth flow, and if i go in integrations > connected apps > i can see my app as well connected in the test account.

Now when i am creating a contact from the dashboard, by going on contacts on the top menu bar > contacts > create contact , webhook is not being triggered.

Also i tested the webhook url from the ui, i am able to see the sample request coming but when i am actually creating a contact or deal, webhook is not being fired. Can you help with the solution.
Also my app is not yet deployed, so for https url, i am using ngrok, and this is working for testing sample webhook subscriptions, but not when we are actually creating a new record.

Any leads would be really appreciated!
Thanks

0 Upvotes