APIs & Integrations

reddot
Teilnehmer/-in

e-commerce - where to begin?

Sorry for the noob question - but can someone point me in the direction for resources to implement e-commerce on a Hubspot hosted site? Big picture is; Not a lot of products, or checkout options needed.  just looking for a way to add items to cart and check-out via stripe or similar. Site url is sonicu.com if that helps. Hoping to avoid Shopify if possible. I'm learning about ecommerce bridge but still trying to get my brain around what it does.

Cheers,

C.

0 Upvotes
2 Antworten
lscanlan
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

Hi @reddot,

I wonder if what you're looking for already exists on our App Marketplace. I know you mentioned that you were looking at the Ecommerce Bridge API, but you might be able to implement an easier solution than building out your own integration. So just for reference, I know you mentioned that you're looking to not use Shopify, but we do have a help article on using our native Shopify integration here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/integrations/how-do-i-use-the-shopify-integration. Or alternatively you can look at other ecommerce integrations on our App Marketplace here for example: https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/marketing/ecommerce. Basically you'd get set up with your ecommerce software, and then install an integration to sync that data over to HubSpot. Clicking into any of those apps should give you some more details about how they work, so I think that's probably a good starting place.

If you're not finding what you're looking for, you can also play around with our Ecommerce Bridge API. As for where to begin with that, it sounds like you're in the right place with our API documentation (just in case, here's the overview page: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/ecomm-bridge/ecomm-bridge-overview). But maybe I can fill in some of the gaps for you. The Ecommerce Bridge API is essentially a series of endpoints that enable you to connect an external (non-HubSpot) ecommerce system with HubSpot. So those apps from the Marketplace are likely all using the Ecommerce Bridge API. As for determining what's best for you, I'd recommend playing around with the API and also taking a closer look at those listed integrations. Like I said, it's possible that what you need is available already on the Marketplace. But if you want to play around with the API itself, you'll want to be familiar with JSON and working with REST APIs. The overview page serves as a sort of tutorial on using the API. So I'd read through it with that perspective in mind. And to learn the API, I'd actually go through the steps and set up mappings, connect a store, and then send some sync messages to sync data into HubSpot. Even if it's just dummy data that you have set up in a temporary store somewhere, I think that will help you see what happens when you sync it over to HubSpot.

If you have questions about any of that, let me know.

Leland Scanlan

HubSpot Developer Support
reddot
Teilnehmer/-in

Thank you Leland - this is very helpful and I will explore those possibilities moving forward.

Kind Regards,

Chris

0 Upvotes