APIs & Integrations

JosephWa
Participant

double opt-in redirect with params

SOLVE

Hello,

Not sure if this is the correct channel for this question, please excuse me if it is not.

I want to enable double opt-in and when the user clicks the confirmation link, I want to redirect to my site with his email property in the query string, or some way to identify the user on my site form. the form needs to submit some details to my site taken from Hubspot. So it is not a HubSpot form.

Any idea how to achieve this, or direct me to a better channel for this question?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @JosephWa,

You can add the email property in the subscription confirmation url by doing something like this:

<p><a href="{{ subscription_confirmation_url }}" rel=" noopener">{{ subscription_confirmation_url }}?email={{ contact.email }}</a></p> 

Adding the contact email personalize token as a query string.

View solution in original post

JosephWa
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

hi,

Thank you for the idea. it actually needs to be in the href attribute  and not in the name to work :

<p><a href="{{ subscription_confirmation_url }}?email={{ contact.email }}" rel=" noopener"> Confirm </a></p> 

I have tested and it is working great.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @JosephWa,

You can add the email property in the subscription confirmation url by doing something like this:

<p><a href="{{ subscription_confirmation_url }}" rel=" noopener">{{ subscription_confirmation_url }}?email={{ contact.email }}</a></p> 

Adding the contact email personalize token as a query string.

JosephWa
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

hi,

Thank you for the idea. it actually needs to be in the href attribute  and not in the name to work :

<p><a href="{{ subscription_confirmation_url }}?email={{ contact.email }}" rel=" noopener"> Confirm </a></p> 

I have tested and it is working great.