APIs & Integrations

raghuxoxoday
Participant

custom workflow extensions not showing up for company based and deal based workflows

i created my test app and currently testing. done with the authorization process. I created custom workflow extensions using automationextensions api.

extensions i created are showing up for contact based workflow but not showing up in any other types of workflows like deal based, company based etc. It is only showing up in contact based, can u please help me to resolve this so that my custom extensions will appear in other types of workflow as well.

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
kimnguyen
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

custom workflow extensions not showing up for company based and deal based workflows

hi @Willson

I ran into the same issue as MBSmith...
But when looking at available Workflow actions, there are other apps that have Company-based workflow actions

Screenshot 2021-02-23 at 11.45.43.png

Has this change since this summer? 
If so, what can I add to the workflow extension definition to all it to appear in Companyworkflows  as well?

Kr,

Kim

0 Upvotes
Willson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @kimnguyen ,

To confirm, it is now possible to create these Extensions using our new Automation API. You can find the documentation here:

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/automation/custom-workflow-actions

For reference, at the time of posting, this API was not available and as per the docs, the creation of custom actions was not supported for Companies, Deals and Tickets. @MBSmith, this point is referenced in the FAQ section of the legacy docs I previously provided:

Do Workflow Extensions support Deal, Ticket, or other types of automation?
  • Currently only Contact-based workflows can contain workflow extension actions.

Thanks

Product Manager @ HubSpot
MBSmith
Participant

The fact that this feature is only available for contact-based workflows is not mentioned in this documentation. It just says it can be used with CRM objects. I just wasted a good chunk of my time preparing a company-based extension under the assumption that it could be done.

Extending other workflows is a must-build feature. It's frankly ridiculous that it isn't already since it was clearly built to work with CRM objects in a generic way. At the very least the documentation should be updated to explicitly state that only contact-based workflows are compatible.

0 Upvotes
Willson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @raghuxoxoday 

This is currently expected functionality. As per this thread where my colleague Isaac provides more details, the public Workflow Extensions API can only create actions for contact-based flows.

I'd suggest subscribing to our Developer Changelog to ensure you're notified of any updates!

raghuxoxoday
Participant

within the contact based workflow, in enrollment triggers we can see a list where its showing company based, deal based criterias.....etc. does custom workflow extension support these other types other than contact based in the list ? attached few images please

check. 

In the attached images i selected contact based workflow and further in the enrollment triggers i selected company based and further choosed criteria. And next set of flow i attached my custom app which has to be triggered after stage 1. 

case 1 : for contact based trigger criteria im getting webhook api notifications (images not attached for these)
case 2: for company based trigger criteria with contact based workflow as show in the images when the trigger criteria matches 2nd flow i,e webhook call is not been recieved. (images attached)

So should i assume that only contact based trigger criteria works ? and other trigger criteria types not supported?

Also in the image 3 after selecting the value from the custom dropdown, display name of the selected value is not showing up in the workflow section. i,e "hubspot automation" value which is selected should show in the section 2 of image 3 which is now showing as "Reward using xoxoday plum app6" twice in the title and inside the box. Even after selecting the submit value is not showing in the workflow pipeline. Can we please get this fixed so that the value selected from custom dropdown show up in the pipeline. please refer image 4 after clicking on sumbit from choose an action section for the issue.

.Screen Shot 2020-07-20 at 5.19.39 pm.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-20 at 5.19.52 pm.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-20 at 5.25.24 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 12.18.22 am.png

0 Upvotes
raghuxoxoday
Participant

@Willson awaiting for your response.

0 Upvotes
Willson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @raghuxoxoday 

Apologies for the delay with responding here, I have been out of office recently! 

Taking a look into your post, i'd like to reiterate with regards to the custom extensions, these can only work for Contact-based Workflows. This means that once a Contact-based workflow is created, the extension can be used. 

In the examples you've provided, you can use a Company property to enroll the associated contact into the Workflow and this would still execute the necessary actions outlined in your custom workflow extension. 

If you've created a Contact-based workflow and have an extension that is failing, I will need to see specifics such as the Portal Id where the workflow is contained along with the actual Workflow Id too. 

Thanks!

0 Upvotes