APIs & Integrations

raghuxoxoday
Participant

custom workflow extension dropdown selected value not showing in workflow builder pipeline

i created my test app and currently testing. done with the authorization process. I created custom workflow extensions using automationextensions api.

while creating the contact based workflow as per the screen shot (image 3) after selecting the value from the custom dropdown, display name of the selected value is not showing up in the workflow section. i,e "hubspot automation" value which is selected should show in the section 2 of image 3 which is now showing as "Reward using xoxoday plum app6" twice in the title and inside the container (box). Even after selecting the submit, value is not showing in the workflow pipeline. Can we please get this fixed so that the value selected from custom dropdown will show up in the pipeline as well.please refer image 4 after clicking on sumbit from choose an action section for the issue (display name of selected dropdown value not coming up).

Screen Shot 2020-07-20 at 5.19.39 pm.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-20 at 5.19.52 pm.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-20 at 5.25.24 pm.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-21 at 12.18.22 am.png

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

custom workflow extension dropdown selected value not showing in workflow builder pipeline

Hi, @raghuxoxoday.

Apologies for the delayed response.

To clarify, are you expecting "hubspot automation" to appear in the "Reward using xoxoday plum app6" action's preview, as depicted in this screenshot?

Screenshot 1.jpg

If so, this is not an issue, but expected behavior. The v1 Workflow Extensions API does not display selected field values within the action preview. Instead, only the extension definition's extensionName is shown.

The first screenshot in the API's documentation supports this fact:

Screenshot 2.jpg

As well as a test in my own account:

Screenshot 3.jpg

Please let me know if I have misunderstood your question and you are encountering other issues with the CRM Extensions API.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes
raghuxoxoday
Participant

Hi IsaacTakushi,

Like you said yes its regarding the name which is not displaying in the action's preview. It is actually working in the other app that i connected to my account  called "ASANA", attached few screen shots on the same please check. As per below image "asana task " value is showing up in the preview.

Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 4.08.45 pm.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-28 at 4.09.17 pm.png

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi, @raghuxoxoday.

Thank you for clarifying.

HubSpot built the Asana workflow integration and it currently behaves differently than other integrations using the Workflow Extensions API. Differences include connecting the integration via a "Connect an app" tab and the action preview displaying selected field values.

While I believe the Asana integration represents the direction the Automation/Workflow Extensions API is heading, it still currently isn't possible to surface field values in non-Asana action previews. Apologies for the inconvenience.

If you choose to file a feature request for this functionality on the Ideas Forum, please share it here. I'd be happy to upvote it.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes
raghuxoxoday
Participant

Hi IsaacTakushi,

Got it, thanks for reply, will try to raise this as an idea in the respective forum hoping that it can be taken into consideration as its minor and usefull enchancement to have so that user can know upfront the value selected without having another click/step to see the selected value.