APIs & Integrations

pietd
Membre

custom property and webhooks

Résolue

Hi, 

(new to hubspot api/webhooks)

Does Hubspot webhook subscription support Custome created properties on contacts/companies? Or is there only support fot the Hubspot created properties?

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Welcome, @pietd .

The Webhooks API does allow you to subscribe to custom properties you define! As the documentation notes, however:

If a customer's account doesn't have the property you specify in a subscription, you will not get any webhooks from that customer for that property.

To ensure that all of the accounts in which your app is installed have the desired custom property, you can create them with the Contact Properties API and the Company Properties API.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

3 Réponses
aastashov
Participant

Résolue

Hi,

I was faced with the same problem. I need to get updates on the custom property. Now, to solve this problem, I have to use this API and make requests once in N time. (https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/deals/get_deals_modified)

I think it would be very cool to be able to subscribe to the update the "Last modified date" field and then it would be easier to track custom properties.

Could the developers consider such an improvement to the API?

IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Welcome, @pietd .

The Webhooks API does allow you to subscribe to custom properties you define! As the documentation notes, however:

If a customer's account doesn't have the property you specify in a subscription, you will not get any webhooks from that customer for that property.

To ensure that all of the accounts in which your app is installed have the desired custom property, you can create them with the Contact Properties API and the Company Properties API.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
christian_VGN
Participant

Résolue

Hi Isaac, 

I have the same problem. I'm using a custom property and the webhook won't fire. 

I've used "contact.propertyChange" and the property is in the group "contact information". (i've copy pasted the field-name)

however when i use a standard-field the webhooks works. 

thank you