APIs & Integrations

craigclutch

/crm-objects/v1/change-log/deals errors with big integers

Hi we have worker which periodically hits the endpoint 

/crm-objects/v1/change-log/deals 

to get all changes to deals and then we pass those changes to the db. We noticed this morning our worker was erroring when trying to hit this endpoint with the following error:

Unable to parse value for query parameter: objectId'

I believe this is the result of the deal ids we pass in the vidOffset param becoming too large.
For example it errors with this id: 2171066291
But will pass with: 
I'm thinking this is an issue on hub spot apis end that will need to be fixed?

Thanks,
Craig

10 Replies 10
floeru82
Contributor

we exactly have the same problem.

and it's very important for us to fix this asap!

the problem starts last tuesday when the HS-autogenerated dealID passed the value 2'147'483'647, which is the maximum value for an INT32.

i'm pretty sure the problem belongs to a datatyp which now overrun

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @floeru82 @craigclutch,

I appreciate the both of you for sharing your use cases 🙂 

I'll be in touch with our internal team about this and keep you posted here.

WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @floeru82

After further testing, I was able to retrieve deals using the following endpoint GET crm-objects/v1/change-log/deals?objectId=2147483648

• where 2147483648 is a 64 bits integer

for portal ID 5091xxx.

I'm not seeing the Unable to parse value for query parameter: objectId error.

In this case, could you try and see if it's still showing the error on your end?

0 Upvotes
floeru82
Contributor

Yes, it looks like somebody fixed it! everything working again now.

great! thanks a lot @WendyGoh for your help. happy weekend!

0 Upvotes
craigclutch

Hi @WendyGoh,

I can confirm it is working again for us!

Thanks for your help in resolving this,
Craig

0 Upvotes
floeru82
Contributor

we have same problem...

for example:

request:

https://api.hubapi.com/crm-objects/v1/change-log/deals?objectId=2147483648&hapikey=$hapikey [^]

we got:

HTTP-ERROR "400 Bad Request"

{ "correlationId": "6e0dc748-98d9-46a7-9365-384483e42fd7", "message": "Unable to parse value for query parameter: objectId", "status": "error" }

if we to the same request with object ID 2147483647 - which is one less that the object ID above, and the max Value for an INT 32-BIT Datatype - we do not have that problem.

the problem starts on tuesday after the dealIDs run out the max INT 32 BIT value.

HS needs to solve this asap, it's not acceptable to arrgument now that some user us the API not as documented when it works fine for months and now in case of a INT 32 vs INT 64 Problem we should change everything...

0 Upvotes
floeru82
Contributor

Furthermore:

I‘m pretty sure the same problem will happen when supported objects (or let‘s call them documented, because Deals was supported and working the last few months as well) like products, tickets etc will reach the maximum value of int32 for their ids. These objects just are not have this problem because they have ids with a much lower value at the moment. But as soon as they increase and are higher than 2147483647, they will show up with the same problem.
0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @craigclutch,

Digging further into this, it seems that you're looking to use the Get a log of changes for products to get deals change. However, I do not believe this is supported. 

If you're looking to get recently modified deals, you can use this endpoint - Get Recent Deals instead. 

Hope this helps! 🙂 

0 Upvotes
craigclutch

Hi @WendyGoh,

Thanks for getting back to me. So we are aware of the get recent deals endpoint however because the deals are ordered descending by last modified date, it complicates any implementation for our use case. I can go into more details if you'd like but we found using the crm endpoint to be great because we could page through the deals oldest to newest until we have caught up with all the changes.

`However, I do not believe this is supported. ` I obviously can't speak to any offical supported status but this endpoint has been serving our needs very well for the past 3 months. Having it supported the larger objectIds would allow us to keep our current implementation. 

Is it possible for someone to look into this issue? If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
Craig

WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @craigclutch,

This does seems strange! In this case, I'll have to reach out to our internal team and I'll keep you posted here!

0 Upvotes